Interest check: Michigan keyboard meetup

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Apr 2017, 22:56

First off, I'd like to acknowledge that I borrowed webwit's "trilogy" photo for the tentative logo above.

Now the question: would anyone be interested in coming to Kalamazoo, Michigan for a keyboard meet? Michiganders are in an odd and somewhat isolated location due to the whole peninsula thing, so our few enthusiasts are often left out.

Chicago gets most of the action, but that trip could be too much for some Northern and Eastern enthusiasts.

I think that my university computer club would host the event, but we'd need a couple of people to talk about various maker-related things. PCB design, working with manufacturers to make small scale projects, firmware programming tips, and other useful tidbits would be ideal. Keyboards, of course, would also be featured in discussions.

orihalcon

25 Apr 2017, 01:36

I'm in!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Apr 2017, 01:54

That "trilogy" is called a triskelion, like on the Isle of Man's flag.

ohaimark
Kingpin

25 Apr 2017, 05:46

I think there's enough interest in this across forums to have a small get together. I'll fill out the ranks with local non-keyboard enthusiasts from the computer club.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Apr 2017, 14:27

I might be interested in this sort of thing, if enough notice is given in advance. Michigan is fun.

Return to “Keyboards”