Plum Nano75 keyboard with 45g, black frame and POM side print keycap

mech greenhand

26 Apr 2017, 15:48

Hi, everyone,

I am contacting with Plum boss to discuss for the black nano75 keyboard with 45g force, features as following:
1) black frame, black POM side print keycap( cherry profile height);
2) 45g ( sorry 55g is not possible for the current keyboard internal design );
3) Non-backlit;
4)Wired mode, no Bluetooth. Full programmable.
5) Price around $100, shipping included by economic shipping.

I would like to know if such a version is popular here and if the production could be arranged.. You know, there is MOQ for every production batch.. Just wondering how far we can go....
Last edited by mech greenhand on 27 Apr 2017, 08:12, edited 2 times in total.

Menuhin

26 Apr 2017, 19:03

If the POM keycap profile is Cherry (instead of 'OEM' / Filco), I will get such a board without a doubt.

I can't even need any print on them, they can go naked and I will still like them! :D

Also, I hope they still will use the mini-USB (instead of the micro-USB or 'lightning' style connector at the base).

Is such an idea possible for Plum 84 also?

zslane

26 Apr 2017, 19:05

I like that list of features, but would like to see both black and white cases available. I now have the current white one, but it is backlit and wouldn't mind a white one that isn't backlit.

Menuhin

27 Apr 2017, 01:12

mech greenhand wrote: Hi, everyone,
I would like to know if such a version is popular here and if the production could be arranged.. You know, there is MOQ for every production batch.. Just wondering how far we can go....
Some more suggestion:

Deskthority is basically made up mostly of full-size, plus-size, giant-size keyboards fans, mostly into IBM, mostly vintage, and then some Cherry board fans, and some vintage Alps board fans.
Rubber-dome alike such as HHKB or Topre-clone boards are not the major interest on this forum.

If I really want to make this production come true, I would also post this "interest check" on /r/MechanicalKeyboards and GeekHack.

mech greenhand

27 Apr 2017, 08:15

[quote="zslane" post_id=368980]I like that list of features, but would like to see both black and white cases available. I now have the current white one, but it is backlit and wouldn't mind a white one that isn't backlit.

Nonbacklit white keyboard is already planned for next batch .

mech greenhand

27 Apr 2017, 08:21

Menuhin wrote: If the POM keycap profile is Cherry (instead of 'OEM' / Filco), I will get such a board without a doubt.

I can't even need any print on them, they can go naked and I will still like them! :D

Also, I hope they still will use the mini-USB (instead of the micro-USB or 'lightning' style connector at the base).

Is such an idea possible for Plum 84 also?
Yes,the pom keycap is cherry height... No black 84 yet. It's just an interest check here.. Probably we will make some black 75 keyboard

zzuper

27 Apr 2017, 13:36

very nice, maybe with iso layout+non rgb version? : ]
35g rules btw!

drakche

27 Apr 2017, 13:41

Would love one like that.

All the boxes tick for me.

And it would be amazing if it had some of the shelf programmable firmware, instead of the proprietary firmware that can be programmed only on windows.

drakche

27 Apr 2017, 13:42

I would be also in for a 84 with a more normal spacebar 6u pls, even 6.25u with smaller 1u right hand modifiers!
Also non backlit, POM, 45g/55g

zslane

27 Apr 2017, 19:05

BTW, I'd totally be into a Nano 60...

...Just sayin'.

Laser
emacs -nw

27 Apr 2017, 19:08

drakche wrote: I would be also in for a 84 with a more normal spacebar 6u pls, even 6.25u with smaller 1u right hand modifiers!
Also non backlit, POM, 45g/55g
To this I subscribe as well :)

hexpyws

27 Apr 2017, 19:54

I would be into a black 45g, for sure!

zslane

27 Apr 2017, 20:23

I think I might have need for a black 45g one (instead of a second white one), but here's the thing: I would be using it with my iPad, and my current Nano 75 does not work in wired mode. The iPad states that the board requires too much power. So, if this new black one is going to be without Bluetooth, then it would need to work in wired mode with my iPad or else it is a deal-breaker.

Maybe the lack of backlit LEDs would make this possible? Now, I have a Pok3r RGB that works with my iPad, so if it is turned off, backlighting shouldn't cause the board to draw more power than the iPad allows.

OPIV

27 Apr 2017, 20:36

zslane wrote: BTW, I'd totally be into a Nano 60...

...Just sayin'.
Same here, a Nano 60 would be amazing id buy three.

hexpyws

27 Apr 2017, 20:56

You should also mention that these guys should get some of all the Plums in the hands of N American resellers in quantity. I think there's a continent that would eat them up, but are turned off by having to source through AliExpress and wait for weeks, etc..

Menuhin

27 Apr 2017, 21:20

zslane wrote: BTW, I'd totally be into a Nano 60...

...Just sayin'.
If 75% is the Nano, then 68%/60% should be the Pico
Then 40% will be the Femto and 30% the Atto, and so on.

zslane

27 Apr 2017, 21:22

But isn't the 84 still called a Nano?

zzuper

27 Apr 2017, 21:43

also, no blue leds pls.. -____-
you should put up a vote on different designs!

hexpyws

27 Apr 2017, 22:11

zslane wrote: But isn't the 84 still called a Nano?
I don't think so - Was no Nano branding on the page I bought mine from or the box/etc that arrived IIRC

slyker

29 Apr 2017, 18:00

mech greenhand wrote: Hi, everyone,
Is there a reason why 55g won't work? Is it because the dome sheet is too thick?

I'm interested in the 45g regardless but I'd also order a 55g if it were available.

Also can you tell me why the 104/87 POM models are so much more expensive now? They were $99 a week ago now they are around $150? :o

hexpyws

01 May 2017, 19:06

@slyker:

I think the Chinese sellers get down to "x amount of inventory left" and jack the prices.
That is my impression after watching a variety of prices on a few of the AliExpress stores over the last year.

zzuper

02 May 2017, 06:56

yeah, thats my impression aswell, i guess shelftime isnt a concern..

1) black frame, black POM side print keycap( cherry profile height);
3) Non-backlit;
4)Wired mode, no Bluetooth. Full programmable.
5) Price around $100, shipping included by economic shipping.
Sounds about perfect. Maybe red or amber for numlock/capslock colors? : ]

slyker

02 May 2017, 23:19

hexpyws wrote: @slyker:

I think the Chinese sellers get down to "x amount of inventory left" and jack the prices.
That is my impression after watching a variety of prices on a few of the AliExpress stores over the last year.
That's the thing though - the store showed 20 units when it came in and only 1 sold for either the 108 or 87 POM.

I don't know if they made a mistake when originally listing the item.

By the way mech greenhand I forgot to ask - do you think you could ask the Plum boss to see if they would sell sets of their POM keycaps separately?

fruitalgorithm

02 May 2017, 23:50

What I really would like is keyboards with ISO layout from Plum.

Scottex

03 May 2017, 12:36

fruitalgorithm wrote: What I really would like is keyboards with ISO layout from Plum.
this, I would get one of this 45g ones if there was UK ISO layout option
also no keycaps option would be great

zzuper

05 May 2017, 22:35

Spoiler:
Scottex wrote:
fruitalgorithm wrote: What I really would like is keyboards with ISO layout from Plum.
this, I would get one of this 45g ones if there was UK ISO layout option
also no keycaps option would be great
YES -_______-

1. Black, wired.
2. ISO
3. 35g
4. Non rgb, with nonblue num/caps.

slyker

15 May 2017, 18:21

Hi Mech Greenhand, any updates on this?

mech greenhand

16 May 2017, 13:53

:lol: :lol: The order is placed to plum today.. But may need over 1 month to get the keyboards...

slyker

16 May 2017, 17:25

mech greenhand wrote: :lol: :lol: The order is placed to plum today.. But may need over 1 month to get the keyboards...
Excellent news. By the way, is there anyway to pay with Paypal or Discover card? Neither are an option on your Aliexpress store.

mech greenhand

17 May 2017, 16:07

slyker wrote:
mech greenhand wrote: :lol: :lol: The order is placed to plum today.. But may need over 1 month to get the keyboards...
Excellent news. By the way, is there anyway to pay with Paypal or Discover card? Neither are an option on your Aliexpress store.
Sorry the system does not support paypal.. Too pity..

Return to “Keyboards”