How much is this Cherry Keyboard worth?

mrog

15 Dec 2011, 13:06

Cherry G80-3000HEMGB MX Mechanical keyboard PS2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cherry-G80-30 ... 0686993867

Its currently at £40~
Looks like a nice keyboard - UK like I need.

Its got Cherry MX Whites, which I'm not 100% about, I've got the switch try bag at the moment, and the MX Whites feel a bit weird, tactile - but don't audibly click enough for my liking. Also feels tactile on the way down and up - not sure I like that.

In any case I'm being over critical and the white will probably be good, its hard to judge without actually typing for a long period of time.

The UK double shot keycaps are nice too :) I might consider buying just for those.

Anyway can I get an appraisal of the value of this keyboard? how common are the keycaps? and any thoughts on the switches?

mintberryminuscrunch

15 Dec 2011, 13:54

might be worth more to ppl who want doubleshots and like mx clears

mrog

15 Dec 2011, 14:00

I'm fairly new to the keyboard obsession, but my concern is over the rarity of UK ISO doubleshots - I see plenty of ANSI all over the forum, and don't wan't to miss out if I'm unlikely to see them again for a while.

Also the Whites could grow on me for all I know.

Findecanor

15 Dec 2011, 14:20

Those switches are usually called "Clear". Cherry's weird designation, only to keep it apart from an older clicky switch that had a white stem.
Lots of people here like double-shot moulded keys and/or clears. I am among the latter.

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Dec 2011, 14:30

The doubleshots alone are worth about 25-30 pounds. 104 Cherry clear switches are worth around 30-40 pounds depending on condition. In the end its up to personal preference...clears+ uk DS caps is decently rare.

rich0d

15 Dec 2011, 14:38

I want it just for those caps, they looks so nice, I've yet to find a enGB set of old DS cherries. :(

kaiserreich

15 Dec 2011, 14:54

Hehe, UK black winkeyfull DS are definitely not rare. ;)
At least, that's the case in China.

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Dec 2011, 15:37

kaiserreich wrote:Hehe, UK black winkeyfull DS are definitely not rare. ;)
At least, that's the case in China.
beige /grey not so much, mate ;)

kaiserreich

15 Dec 2011, 16:52

Yeah, that's true.

Return to “Keyboards”