[Interest Check] FSSK PCB

pbw

09 Aug 2017, 17:05

I'm really interested in doing the FSSK workshop-f7/f-ssk-t10744.html mod and am considering getting the PCBs made. Depending on interest, I may turn this into a limited-run group buy, but for now I just want to see how many people are interested because of minimum order quantities. If you're interested, either drop me a PM or reply here.
Last edited by pbw on 09 Aug 2017, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

DustGod
Yet another IBM snob

09 Aug 2017, 17:07

The link's broken, the parenthesis is included in the URL : )

pbw

10 Aug 2017, 15:53

Update: Between DT and r/mk, we are currently up to 6 PCBs

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

11 Aug 2017, 03:41

I've been meaning to try a full sized board. If you get some full sized PCBs made I may take a couple. PM me if you do.

pbw

11 Aug 2017, 23:03

Update: We are currently up to 7 FSSK PCBs. Additionally, there has been interest for at least 6 FEXT PCBs. Because of this, I've decided that I'm going to run a group buy for FSSK and FEXT PCBs.

Please continue to let me know if you're interested. I'll be seeking quotes with pcbway shortly, and the more people who show interest, the better price I can get!

Additionally, I've reached out to idollar for the set-up specs (i.e., PCB dimensions, number of layers, thickness, basic vs. full-feature, etc.) but he hasn't gotten back to me. If anyone is able to provide them, it will help immensely and let me go about getting a quote quicker.

taylorswiftttttt

11 Aug 2017, 23:27

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

emdude
Model M Apologist

12 Aug 2017, 00:36

pbw wrote: Additionally, I've reached out to idollar for the set-up specs (i.e., PCB dimensions, number of layers, thickness, basic vs. full-feature, etc.) but he hasn't gotten back to me. If anyone is able to provide them, it will help immensely and let me go about getting a quote quicker.
i$ posted that information (for the FSSK PCB) here: workshop-f7/f-ssk-t10744-300.html#p276308

I would go with EasyEDA instead of PCBWay, the former's prices are much, much better.

I'm not sure if he did end up going with 0.4mm, or 0.8mm which is the standard thickness of Model F PCBs. Going with HASL instead of ENIG/Immersion Gold will save you some money as well.

pbw

12 Aug 2017, 01:44

emdude wrote:
pbw wrote: Additionally, I've reached out to idollar for the set-up specs (i.e., PCB dimensions, number of layers, thickness, basic vs. full-feature, etc.) but he hasn't gotten back to me. If anyone is able to provide them, it will help immensely and let me go about getting a quote quicker.
i$ posted that information (for the FSSK PCB) here: workshop-f7/f-ssk-t10744-300.html#p276308

I would go with EasyEDA instead of PCBWay, the former's prices are much, much better.

I'm not sure if he did end up going with 0.4mm, or 0.8mm which is the standard thickness of Model F PCBs. Going with HASL instead of ENIG/Immersion Gold will save you some money as well.

Didn't see that post while I was looking through that thread. That's perfect thanks!

pbw

12 Aug 2017, 09:29

It appears that HASL is only available on a board that is 0.6 or thicker, so it seems like that's what they had gone with for the first round of boards to save costs.

As per emdude's suggestion, i'll be going with easyEDA since the cost is approximately half that of PCBway (unless anyone has any compelling reason not to use the former).

Additionally, does anyone know the required length for the FEXT board?

Nuum

13 Aug 2017, 00:07

I'd be interested in one FEXT PCB as well!

pbw

24 Aug 2017, 18:09

Just a reminder that this group buy closes tomorrow night at 11:59 PM eastern time.
If you haven't filled out this google doc, please do so immediately!

xueyao

02 Sep 2017, 07:00

Hi would it be too late to participate? I only just stumbled upon this thread and would love to build an FEXT.

Ir0n

03 Sep 2017, 04:10

Well shit I missed this one too. if anyone nabbed an extra SSK one and are willing to sell it let me know.. I have a SSK with a broken membrane I'd like to fix and use.

orihalcon

03 Sep 2017, 04:46

I can run the next group buy if there is enough interest. I usually buy some extras just to have some on hand for those that miss the initial interest check. For example, I have something like 6 extra 3277 66 Key PCB's if anyone needs one.

Ir0n

03 Sep 2017, 04:47

orihalcon wrote: I can run the next group buy if there is enough interest. I usually buy some extras just to have some on hand for those that miss the initial interest check. For example, I have something like 6 extra 3277 66 Key PCB's if anyone needs one.
Orihalcon a man of the people vote orihalcon 2020

xueyao

03 Sep 2017, 06:24

Ir0n wrote:
orihalcon wrote: I can run the next group buy if there is enough interest. I usually buy some extras just to have some on hand for those that miss the initial interest check. For example, I have something like 6 extra 3277 66 Key PCB's if anyone needs one.
Orihalcon a man of the people vote orihalcon 2020
President Orihalcon 2020

wobbled

03 Sep 2017, 11:56

whos ass hasn't orihalcon saved

pbw

06 Sep 2017, 20:21

The PCBs have finally arrived from China! I still have one spare FSSK PCB if anyone is interested (PM me). I'll be testing at least one FEXT PCB for now to make sure they work before sending them out. After testing, I'll PM everyone individually with a cost estimate with shipping, at which point you can accept or opt out. If you accept, I'll send along a paypal invoice and once payment is received, I'll ship out the boards

hoaryhag

16 Oct 2017, 07:58

Any news on this?

Nuum

27 Oct 2017, 23:06

Haven't received a PM until now, any news?

Steveenn

04 Nov 2017, 02:09

I'd still like to get my hands on an FSSK PCB. The only thing that would make the SSK better is Capacitive switches.

Return to “Keyboards”