4 levels brightness keys do not work

Dmontales

23 Sep 2017, 09:37

Hi,

First off, as a new user hello to everyone!

Let me get straight to the point. I might ask help about my Cherry Ameriacasa LLC USB Keyboard.

A few days ago I bought a normal (Cherry Americasa LLC-J842120LUAUS5 washable 83key) USB Keyboard, and it seems like the 4 levels of brightness is not properly adjusting, the 4 level keys do not work properly. Is there any hardware problem? Any idea?

Thanks

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Sep 2017, 09:38

Hello. :) Welcome to DT! :P Sorry I cannot help you. :(

Dmontales

23 Sep 2017, 09:48

Hello, Seebart, thanks for the welcome. :)

No problem at all, maybe someone can help me. :cry:

Thanks for your reply. :)

seebart

23 Sep 2017, 10:12

Dmontales wrote: ...maybe someone can help me.
Sure, just have some patience. More information about your keyboard might help. ;)

Dmontales

23 Sep 2017, 10:16

seebart wrote:
Dmontales wrote: ...maybe someone can help me.
Sure, just have some patience. More information about your keyboard might help. ;)

Thanks. :D

Daniel Beardsmore

23 Sep 2017, 18:33

"Cherry Ameriacasa"?

Is this keyboard new? In which case, this sounds more like a warranty issue. You could start by explaining what the keyboard claims to do, what you've done, what you expected, and what happened instead.

I'm fresh out of mind reading tablets.

Dmontales

23 Sep 2017, 19:10

Hello Daniel, Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, Cherry Americasa is a USB waterproof keyboard but I don't know when it's come to the market.

I'm using Ubuntu SBC and kernel version was 4.9.27, I asked another (Linux) community they ask me for update my kernel version 4.9.50. And I updated it but I didn't get my solution. I can't adjust brightness by brightness key. There is 4 level brightness key.

Thanks.

Nuum

23 Sep 2017, 19:49

It's a J84-2120 LUAUS 5. Cherry Americas LLC is the manufacturer, so just the plain old Cherry that we all know...
Maybe just try to return it and get it exchanged for a new one?

seebart

23 Sep 2017, 19:58

Daniel Beardsmore

23 Sep 2017, 22:23

Dmontales wrote: Yeah, Cherry Americasa is a USB waterproof keyboard but I don't know when it's come to the market.
You bought it new, rather than used, I assume?

Assuming this has no drivers and no instructions for using that feature, I guess it's broken and is a matter for the reseller/distributor.

Dmontales

24 Sep 2017, 05:57

Yes, I used it but only a few days. So I have to claim for warranty.

When I set up new OS after that I got the problem before it was working very nicely.

rich1051414

01 Oct 2017, 09:40

By brightness keys, do you mean to adjust your monitors brightness? Like on a laptop? Or the backlight on the keyboard? I ask, because the electronics for the backlight is usually actually in the keyboard itself, and has absolutely nothing to do with even being connected to a pc at all.
If that is the case, then yeah, time to RMA.

Return to “Keyboards”