WHO IS THAT GIRL? Naming contest is coming!

Varmilo

04 Dec 2017, 03:30

If you dig our SAKURA mech keeb, you will also like our brand-new garage kit figure, but who is that girl? :D
Please give her a catchy name.
Comment with your clever ideas<name and reason> now. 5 finalists will be announced on Facebook for the vote, the winner gets a 30USD coupon to buy any Varmilo products! :D
Attachments
3-3.jpg
3-3.jpg (30.55 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
1-1.jpg
1-1.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
2-2.jpg
2-2.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 6381 times

fohat
Elder Messenger

04 Dec 2017, 04:00

Kosumosu

Menuhin

04 Dec 2017, 04:23

@Varmilo,

I really like the dyesub setup of your new product and many of the product photos look good.
BUT... please, in the last 2 photos, the most eye-catching thing for me is the obnoxious unrestrained application of the hot-gun glue, or some form of glue. Even some white color molding clay (instead of those) will make my eyes for comfortable...

By the way, nice figurine ;)

AuthenticDanger

04 Dec 2017, 05:57

I love the cherry blossom spacebar! I want that in a DSA profile so friggin' bad!

JP!

04 Dec 2017, 06:01

Who's that girl?
Spoiler:
jess.jpg
jess.jpg (130.44 KiB) Viewed 6346 times

Varmilo

04 Dec 2017, 08:19

Menuhin wrote: @Varmilo,

I really like the dyesub setup of your new product and many of the product photos look good.
BUT... please, in the last 2 photos, the most eye-catching thing for me is the obnoxious unrestrained application of the hot-gun glue, or some form of glue. Even some white color molding clay (instead of those) will make my eyes for comfortable...

By the way, nice figurine ;)
Thanks for your comments.
The final product will be no the hot-gun glue. We are hastily showing the photos here just for a name. We really appreciate that if you can give a name for the figurine.

Hopefully we can get more comments from you, our dear friends.This can help us improve. ;)

Thanks again.

Varmilo

04 Dec 2017, 08:21

JP! wrote: Who's that girl?
Spoiler:
jess.jpg
Ahaha, good name.

Varmilo

04 Dec 2017, 08:23

fohat wrote: Kosumosu
It sounds nice. Thanks.

Varmilo

04 Dec 2017, 08:36

AuthenticDanger wrote: I love the cherry blossom spacebar! I want that in a DSA profile so friggin' bad!
Hopefully we will consider it :lol:

Thereminz

04 Dec 2017, 09:56

Kiku 菊

it's an older japanese name meaning chrysanthemum
...it's "key" ku

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Dec 2017, 12:39

I would suggest Nasitra.

The reason is that it is an exact anagram of Artisan (i.e. the same word read the other way round),
thus reflecting that the figurine follows the same rules as the usual artisan keycaps, yet with the inverse motivation:
instead of the sempiternal ferocious faces grimly showing teeth
you have a nice female figure, of course pink, with flowers, big eyes, long hair and an innocent smile.

If Nasitra sounds a bit… a bit …, well, not girlish enough, how about Cliché? :lol:

digital_matthew

04 Dec 2017, 14:41

Sakura. To match the keyboard.

cml

04 Dec 2017, 19:34

Pinku ピンク for obvious reasons. :roll:

Rimrul

04 Dec 2017, 21:04

Ok, someone has to suggest it: Boaty McBoatface, simply because you're asking the internet for a name and I didn't feel comfortable with the other standard internet option.

zslane

04 Dec 2017, 21:08

Bishoujo Pinku #138.

depletedvespene

04 Dec 2017, 21:12

Rimrul wrote: Ok, someone has to suggest it: Boaty McBoatface, simply because you're asking the internet for a name and I didn't feel comfortable with the other standard internet option.
Cappy McCapface, then.

Rimrul

04 Dec 2017, 21:17

Figurine McDollface.

cml

04 Dec 2017, 21:22

Forget my suggestion--It turns out it's a whole sexual film genre in Japan.

Who knew the japanese had names and genres for everything? :o

depletedvespene

04 Dec 2017, 21:27

The more I think about it, the more I think digital_matthew is right. She should be called Sakura.

TuxKey
LLAP

05 Dec 2017, 22:01

don't use Facebook only Twitter..

But i have a good one for you..
Because of your company name i would start the name with V
And call here Vashti.

Vashti originates in Persian language and means "excellent, beautiful".
Some sources suggest that it might be of Hebrew origin as well.

As a feminine given name it is rather rare.
it fits the line of rare and beautiful. The miya pro i ordered for my girl certainly falls in that category.
in a see of boring plane keyboards without any color or feel of nice quality PBT Varmilo is doing a great job helping me switch my girl to mechanical keyboards..Like the color scheme the layout is rare and beautiful being just big enough to house a dedicated arrow cluster making the switch to it effortless..

What else is there to say.?
Program-ability would certainly add to her excellence. Still good job Varmilo..keep it up hope this name helps.. it's the best i can do.. on such short notice.. have to get back to work by.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Dec 2017, 22:22

Momo.

A Japanese flower, the name means "Peach" (literally), "I am your captive", and "Fascinating personality".

I'm so going to win this.

mecano

05 Dec 2017, 23:24

No you won't because the girl's name is Hanami :mrgreen:
Hanami (花見, "flower viewing") is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the transient beauty of flowers; flowers ("hana") are in this case almost always referring to those of the cherry ("sakura") or, less frequently, plum ("ume") trees.[1] From the end of March to early May, cherry trees bloom all over Japan,[2] and around the first of February on the island of Okinawa.[3] The blossom forecast (桜前線 sakura-zensen) "cherry blossom front" is announced each year by the weather bureau, and is watched carefully by those planning hanami as the blossoms only last a week or two.

the1onewolf

06 Dec 2017, 01:11

The first thing that came to mind for me was Matsuri.

Although there's a very clear sakura blossom viewing theme (Hanami), I associate the overall celebration and feeling of people dressing up in yukatas and visiting stalls during the festivals (Matsuri). These festivals are usually accompanied by fireworks (Hanabi).

So if I could have secondary suggestion it would be Hanabi. :D

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:01

Thereminz wrote: Kiku 菊

it's an older japanese name meaning chrysanthemum
...it's "key" ku
Good, thanks.

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:02

kbdfr wrote: I would suggest Nasitra.

The reason is that it is an exact anagram of Artisan (i.e. the same word read the other way round),
thus reflecting that the figurine follows the same rules as the usual artisan keycaps, yet with the inverse motivation:
instead of the sempiternal ferocious faces grimly showing teeth
you have a nice female figure, of course pink, with flowers, big eyes, long hair and an innocent smile.

If Nasitra sounds a bit… a bit …, well, not girlish enough, how about Cliché? :lol:
Will consider it. Thanks. :D

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:09

TuxKey wrote: don't use Facebook only Twitter..

But i have a good one for you..
Because of your company name i would start the name with V
And call here Vashti.

Vashti originates in Persian language and means "excellent, beautiful".
Some sources suggest that it might be of Hebrew origin as well.

As a feminine given name it is rather rare.
it fits the line of rare and beautiful. The miya pro i ordered for my girl certainly falls in that category.
in a see of boring plane keyboards without any color or feel of nice quality PBT Varmilo is doing a great job helping me switch my girl to mechanical keyboards..Like the color scheme the layout is rare and beautiful being just big enough to house a dedicated arrow cluster making the switch to it effortless..

What else is there to say.?
Program-ability would certainly add to her excellence. Still good job Varmilo..keep it up hope this name helps.. it's the best i can do.. on such short notice.. have to get back to work by.
That's good idea. Thanks a lot for taking your time.

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:11

webwit wrote: Momo.

A Japanese flower, the name means "Peach" (literally), "I am your captive", and "Fascinating personality".

I'm so going to win this.
So cool. Thanks for the name. Hopefully you will be a winner. :lol:

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:12

mecano wrote: No you won't because the girl's name is Hanami :mrgreen:
Hanami (花見, "flower viewing") is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the transient beauty of flowers; flowers ("hana") are in this case almost always referring to those of the cherry ("sakura") or, less frequently, plum ("ume") trees.[1] From the end of March to early May, cherry trees bloom all over Japan,[2] and around the first of February on the island of Okinawa.[3] The blossom forecast (桜前線 sakura-zensen) "cherry blossom front" is announced each year by the weather bureau, and is watched carefully by those planning hanami as the blossoms only last a week or two.
Very nice, thanks. :D

Varmilo

06 Dec 2017, 10:14

the1onewolf wrote: The first thing that came to mind for me was Matsuri.

Although there's a very clear sakura blossom viewing theme (Hanami), I associate the overall celebration and feeling of people dressing up in yukatas and visiting stalls during the festivals (Matsuri). These festivals are usually accompanied by fireworks (Hanabi).

So if I could have secondary suggestion it would be Hanabi. :D
We will consider both of them. Thank you very much. ;)

JP!

07 Dec 2017, 12:13

My second suggestion would be Mila, the feminine form taken from the name Varmilo.

Return to “Keyboards”