Modern SKCM Blue Alps

E3E

06 Mar 2018, 13:07

Brett MacK wrote: Those sound nice, but you can't beat the sound in the original case. The one in this video sounds almost a bit high pitched compared to blues in a kb101, or an omnikey. Ir'a crazy how case construction changes the sound of a keyboard.
Yeah, metal cases tend to give a bit of a shallow sound, especially wedge style cases. Cases that are more simplistic with cone feet actually tend to be more resonant, possibly because much of the bottom is suspended from the desk, so the case is allowed to resonate more freely. Also, the layer of metal between the bottom of the PCB and the desk is a lot thinner than a wedge style custom.

My Monarch with SKCM Ambers is one of my nicest sounding and feeling keyboards, custom or not, and its case is quite simple.

Wedge cases give you a crisp but short typing sound.
Last edited by E3E on 06 Mar 2018, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

06 Mar 2018, 13:11

E3E wrote: I'm not going to remove an SKCM Green from an intact keyboard for an SKCL Heavy Cream. Daniel or Chryos might be able to help you get a loose one.
Are you needing one? I'm sure we could figure something out.

E3E

06 Mar 2018, 13:13

Blaise170 wrote:
E3E wrote: I'm not going to remove an SKCM Green from an intact keyboard for an SKCL Heavy Cream. Daniel or Chryos might be able to help you get a loose one.
Are you needing one? I'm sure we could figure something out.
I'm not super hard up for one, to be honest. I can't see how we'd trade an SKCM Green for one. I don't feel like I'd be up for trading much for a heavy cream, to be honest. :(

Sorry to be a buzz kill.

NookOppa

06 Mar 2018, 23:11

Been watching since the AEK64, some of highest quality sound test videos around to be honest. Keep em up!

Rider87

07 Mar 2018, 09:52

Nice! love blue alps!

Taeha Types

08 Mar 2018, 03:18

NookOppa wrote: Been watching since the AEK64, some of highest quality sound test videos around to be honest. Keep em up!
thanks! lots more still coming :)

Return to “Keyboards”