Post the ugliest keyboards you've seen!

davkol

19 Aug 2018, 14:16

It's the Phantom PCB with a custom-made plate. The only other PCB that enables a similar layout is Clueboard AFAIK.

ollir

19 Aug 2018, 16:23

snacksthecat wrote:
701c wrote:
I actually kind of like it
It has choices in visual aesthetics that I find very easy to disagree with, but I can't say it's downright ugly. What I mean is that if there are people who like it, I can believe them if they say so and get on with my life after hearing it.

digital_matthew

19 Aug 2018, 17:25

This keyboard may not be as obnoxious as some of the others posted in this thread, but it's ugly through-and-through. It's the Logitek MK710 "Performance". I thought that crappy glossy black plastic had lost the battle with natural selection, but here it is again. The overall shape is as disappointing as a rainy weekend, and just look at that oh-so-high-quality pad printing on the keys. Models I built as a kid had more durable decals. And don't get me started on the key feel. Like waiting in line at the department of motor vehicles, keytravel is endless and soul-sucking. It's like typing on unrequited love...
Attachments
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG (768.73 KiB) Viewed 18379 times
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG (846.84 KiB) Viewed 18379 times

kekstee

20 Aug 2018, 21:07

There's something new on my desk. Who could say no to a gift like this?
20180820_0006.jpg
20180820_0006.jpg (937.12 KiB) Viewed 18326 times

ThePewster

20 Aug 2018, 21:54

Findecanor

21 Aug 2018, 00:03

The ugliest thing about that keyboard is the case it is in IMHO.
A lit-up trackpad is just vile. That should be outlawed. Especially in any hue of blue.

The backlighting is otherwise just a custom RGB scheme, as illustrated on the screen.
Last edited by Findecanor on 21 Aug 2018, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

samuelcable

21 Aug 2018, 00:05

ThePewster wrote: Image
This one isn't bad at all its just in a overpriced as hell laptop

vometia
irritant

21 Aug 2018, 11:24

ThePewster wrote: Image
I actually really like that: nice and colourful. Still wouldn't buy one though.

ThePewster

21 Aug 2018, 12:15

Spotted on r/mk sub-reddit. :roll:

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2018, 13:39

Overlooking the GAMERFONT INDUSTRIAL HEADSHOT legends, the only thing wrong with that is the numpad. Such excess, so tasteless!

Pumaeggs

17 Oct 2018, 15:43

[quote=" I can't think of another keyboard that shows Plumber's Crack...[/quote]

jesus christ i never thought of it that way. you're totally right though it is kinda aesthetically unappealing

samuelcable

17 Oct 2018, 15:47

Pumaeggs wrote: [quote=" I can't think of another keyboard that shows Plumber's Crack...
jesus christ i never thought of it that way. you're totally right though it is kinda aesthetically unappealing[/quote]

Can't think of any ergonomic keyboards that don't look unappealing, they are usually utilitarian

Excelso

31 Oct 2018, 16:00

andru96 wrote: looking awesome and beautiful keyboard.. :D :)

Regards,

SPAMMY LINKS
Is this some sort of specially desgined spam bot?
Last edited by Excelso on 31 Oct 2018, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2018, 16:18

Report spam. Don’t quote it!

Excelso

31 Oct 2018, 16:24

kekstee wrote: There's something new on my desk. Who could say no to a gift like this?
20180820_0006.jpg
I'm looking for a keyboard like this for a future project I may don in the not so distant future. I haven't found yet the perfect color scheme and "extra wings" perfect combination for it.

Excelso

31 Oct 2018, 16:25

Muirium wrote: Report spam. Don’t quote it!
I wasn't really sure about it, sorry.

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2018, 16:34

No worries. I hit the report button when I saw your post, but the spammer was already reported. An admin will sort them out.

Edit your post with the quote to destroy the links. Because links are all forum spam is for.

Elrick

01 Nov 2018, 10:35

digital_matthew wrote: The overall shape is as disappointing as a rainy weekend, and just look at that oh-so-high-quality pad printing on the keys.
The unfortunate thing is now they are producing absolute GARBAGE membrane based keyboards.

Only keyboard that just 'passes' with usability, is their new/old G810 series with updated ROMER-G switches. Only keyboard currently produced from Logitech, that can be used.

Pity their Mice models are far superior compared to their keyboard section.....

Lanrefni

01 Nov 2018, 14:19

Elrick wrote:
digital_matthew wrote: The overall shape is as disappointing as a rainy weekend, and just look at that oh-so-high-quality pad printing on the keys.
The unfortunate thing is now they are producing absolute GARBAGE membrane based keyboards.

Only keyboard that just 'passes' with usability, is their new/old G810 series with updated ROMER-G switches. Only keyboard currently produced from Logitech, that can be used.

Pity their Mice models are far superior compared to their keyboard section.....
Yeah,I really wish Logitech would up their game and make keyboards that match the quality of their mice.

Drclick

01 Dec 2018, 13:46

Keyboard for left-handed people :?:

Muirium
µ

01 Dec 2018, 14:15

The TKL, at least, is quite smart. Though for full-size, I wouldn’t copy tradition’s mistake of heaping both on the same side of the alpha block. Symmetry is real!

Findecanor

01 Dec 2018, 14:29

I think the cursor keys and nav cluster belong together with the Backspace and Return keys so that some editing operations can be done with one hand.
If the former are moved to the left side, then there'd better be duplicates there of the latter.

depletedvespene

01 Dec 2018, 14:33

Drclick wrote: Keyboard for left-handed people :?:
Not ugly per se, but rather poorly designed. If you move the nav cluster and/or the numpad, you DO need to put quite some tought to the adjustments that will be needed; heck, in the second unit, the numpad is mirrored but the nav cluster is left as is. ⇒⇐

madrobby

01 Dec 2018, 17:05

I hate this keyboard so much. It's both aesthetically unpleasing, with the TouchID sensor in the top right looking different than the touch area to the left of it, the keycaps attracting fingerprints like crazy, and the awful cursor keys that have different sizes. The tiniest of dust particles stand out like daggers pointing into your eyes as light is reflected onto them by the shiny metal surface and they contrast with he black caps.

Additionally, the labels are centered on the alphanumeric keys, but left/right bottom aligned on modifiers. WTF.

The TouchBar itself is the spawn of Satan. It looks like a long key—but obviously it doesn't actually depress. At least they could have made the contrast better instead of dark gray buttons on black. Who the hell came up with that? The "keys" (lol) on the TouchBar are already only half the size of normal keys, and extremely hard to hit without looking as obviously there's no haptic feedback.

I know some people like the design, but I think it's actually ugly. Why not have the modifiers and alpha in slightly different hues? Why not more useful icons for the TouchBar (it would be much easier to discern the functionality with icons that have color in it?). The TouchBar virtual keys are really small and hard to tell apart in a short glance, never mind that they randomly change position, sometimes while you try to hit them they literally move out of the way of your finger. It's a tantalizing torture of touch typing terror.

And don't even get me started on the key feel, which is like typing on bubble wrap that's been glued down on wet cardboard.
IMG_1661.jpeg
IMG_1661.jpeg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 17700 times

sh1

01 Dec 2018, 19:41

I tried typing on one of these at the store. I really don't understand it at all. Maybe my fingers could figure it out after some period of adjustment. I don't know...

Elrick

02 Dec 2018, 01:36

Drclick wrote: Image

Keyboard for left-handed people :?:
The 108 version is quite Lovely and I'm a Right Hander ;) .

samuelcable

02 Dec 2018, 01:43

I dont say this often but I agree with elrick

leoc

15 Dec 2018, 20:37

Elrick wrote: Keyboard for left-handed people :?:
The 108 version is quite Lovely and I'm a Right Hander ;) .
It's really a keyboard for right-handed people, because the Model M is a keyboard for left-handed people. 35 years ago, when most MS-DOS users had scarcely heard of a mouse, the Model M was a keyboard for right-handers: why not put the extra clusters next to the user's strong hand? Since then the mouse has become more popular, and two pretty large key clusters to the right of the aphanumeric cluster, plus generous spacing, is just too much stuff in the mouse's way. (One thing that does still very much favour right-handers is the standard ZXCV clipboard shortcuts, which on a QWERTY layout are easy to do with the left hand while the right hand is operating the mouse.)

Which isn't to deny that it feels weird to look at the layout: it's a bit like looking at a left-handed Stratocaster up close.

vvp

15 Dec 2018, 21:15

I used to use mouse with my left hand because of the access to the arrows and keypad with my right hand. I also used Ctrl-Ins, Shift-Ins and Shift-Del instead of Ctrl-{CXV} because of that.

madrobby

16 Dec 2018, 04:04

B600D905-1327-42AD-BDC8-17938CACA4B8.jpeg
B600D905-1327-42AD-BDC8-17938CACA4B8.jpeg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 18524 times

Return to “Keyboards”