HaaTa's 2018 Matias force curves

M4dn3ss

21 Mar 2018, 14:55

I noticed some new force curve graphs for Matias switches by HaaTa recently and surprisingly didn't see any mention of it here, so here they are... https://plot.ly/~haata/274/

It looks like the new retooled Matias Clicks are much lighter than the old ones. Surprised to see that no one has noticed or talked about that. That might explain why I liked my friend's new V60 w/ Matias Click so much more than my Matias V80 that was so bad I returned it, though they still seem to have the issue where the switch doesn't click if you press it at certain angles.

It would also be great, if you're reading this HaaTa, if you could explain all the different Matias QC graphs you have there 8-)

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

21 Mar 2018, 22:07

These switches were provided to me by Jesse from keyboard.io, so he'll have more info than me. He also works fairly closely with Matias so I think he'll have the best analysis at this point (though I can tell you what's going on in the force curve).

Basically, between the different versions there have been tooling and lubrication changes (and possibly spring changes as well).

Elrick

22 Mar 2018, 03:03

M4dn3ss wrote: That might explain why I liked my friend's new V60 w/ Matias Click so much more than my Matias V80 that was so bad I returned it, though they still seem to have the issue where the switch doesn't click if you press it at certain angles.
Correct, that was why I didn't buy any keyboard from him simply because his own switches were in fact FAR worse than the original Alps.

Imagine trying to produce something better yet fail so miserably. That is why he sold very few keyboards here because of missing an undeniable fact, people want to buy something 'superb' for their money.

With Matias, it wasn't money well spent and people went elsewhere.

M4dn3ss

22 Mar 2018, 09:51

Elrick wrote:
M4dn3ss wrote: That might explain why I liked my friend's new V60 w/ Matias Click so much more than my Matias V80 that was so bad I returned it, though they still seem to have the issue where the switch doesn't click if you press it at certain angles.
Correct, that was why I didn't buy any keyboard from him simply because his own switches were in fact FAR worse than the original Alps.

Imagine trying to produce something better yet fail so miserably. That is why he sold very few keyboards here because of missing an undeniable fact, people want to buy something 'superb' for their money.

With Matias, it wasn't money well spent and people went elsewhere.
I think you missed the point, the new Matias switches, while not as good as SKCM Alps in good condition, are actually quite nice while the old ones were way too stiff (and the V80 they came in had a bunch of quality issues). And of course the big advantage is you can actually buy new keyboards with Matias switches in them.

Elrick

22 Mar 2018, 10:51

M4dn3ss wrote: And of course the big advantage is you can actually buy new keyboards with Matias switches in them.
ONLY if you're looking for V60 or TKL layouts. Where are the 104 or 108 Layout Keyboards?

Sick and TIRED of Mini Keyboards and please don't push Matias keyboards which are basically worthless - JUNK.

If he wants more people to try out his switches he needs to start producing Quality Hardware, that is his fault no one else's.

M4dn3ss

22 Mar 2018, 12:06

Elrick wrote:
M4dn3ss wrote: And of course the big advantage is you can actually buy new keyboards with Matias switches in them.
ONLY if you're looking for V60 or TKL layouts. Where are the 104 or 108 Layout Keyboards?

Sick and TIRED of Mini Keyboards and please don't push Matias keyboards which are basically worthless - JUNK.

If he wants more people to try out his switches he needs to start producing Quality Hardware, that is his fault no one else's.
Ok fair but this discussion is about Matias switches not their keyboards

Return to “Keyboards”