[Engineering Prototype] BladeMaster keyboard comes here to gather idea

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Apr 2018, 14:38

samuelcable wrote: floating switch designs seems even weirder for gamers since it makes your keeb more vulnerable and they are known for spilling their mountain dew and smearing their dorito dust on their keebs
No further comment than this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... b/debc1tr/

chzel

12 Apr 2018, 15:20

You do reddit now kbdfr? Anyway, glad to see that you are still the good old grumpy chocolate!

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2018, 15:43

Hey! I play games :P

But on a Tirpo :D

I laugh at the gamer macro keyboards, mine can do anything... i have UNLIMITED POWER!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Apr 2018, 15:43

chzel wrote: You do reddit now kbdfr? Anyway, glad to see that you are still the good old grumpy chocolate!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reddit :lol:

Oh, and of course that: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keebs

Phenix
-p

12 Apr 2018, 16:40

davkol wrote:
Iggy wrote:
kbdfr wrote: I would suggest giving the keyboard the form of a Christmas tree. And, why not, its colour.
After all, it already has its frantic, flashy lighting :lol:
It should have a little speaker to bleep Christmas songs to go with the blinking. :twisted:
I believe it's Cooler Master keyboards that let you play snake on backlit keys. :lol: :roll:
imho CM is along with Ducky one of the better brands in terms of quality.

a solenoid is a good nice to have as well. makes one sound productive :lol:

RobOSX

12 Apr 2018, 19:01

andrewjoy wrote:
ZGame wrote:
AMongoose wrote: Too little space between the f-row and the number row.
Ideally the spacebar should be blank.
Not a fan of floating keys design.
Yes, some people mention the spacebar, I will let the design team rethink it.
As for the space between F-row and number row,we want to make the keyboard more compact.

The smaller space between F row and number row is one of the better design elements so keep that.

remove the logo and text from space bar tho , it makes it look cheap and tacky.

I would also try to see if you can find a nicer font for the rest of the keycaps.

I would also see if you can remove any shiny plastic from the case and replace with a more satin or matte plastic. Shiny plastic again makes things feel cheap and shows fingerprints.
Floating keys are great, but I agree with the spacebar logo comments--loose it or move it. Branding is tough for keyboard manufacturers and so many get it wrong, subtly is important. Either a black-on-black small logo above the up arrow key or embossed on the wheel on the side. I think most people don't want logos in their face. Also, put it on the back label. If we like the keyboard, we tell people and you don't have to be obnoxious with it. If you want a bold logo/branding statement then put it on a T-shirt and put that in the box.

Findecanor

12 Apr 2018, 19:42

The space bar is going to be the key that will wear the most. Therefore solid opaque black plastic would be preferable over translucent plastic with black paint.
On the other hand, if you are going to backlight a key, why not backlight the entire length of the key?!

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 07:46

green-squid wrote: There's literally nothing that sets this keyboard apart from all the other chinese cherry clones. You got everything that a keyboard like that would need though!

Lasered black keycaps, RGB lighting, Cherry clone switches, cyber-font, the whole nine yards!
Hey, not only the gateron switches, but also the CHERRY MX RGB and Kailh Box switches(After people on Reddit recommended ). Anything else you want pls let me? We want to add more features to it.

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 07:49

Phenix wrote: look into QMK support.
really awesome firmware.

add a trackpoint. :lol:

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk
Thanks, release on Kickstarter by the end of this month.

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 07:53

andrewjoy wrote:
ZGame wrote:
AMongoose wrote: Too little space between the f-row and the number row.
Ideally the spacebar should be blank.
Not a fan of floating keys design.
As for the space between F-row and number row,we want to make the keyboard more compact.

The smaller space between F row and number row is one of the better design elements so keep that.

I would also try to see if you can find a nicer font for the rest of the keycaps.

I would also see if you can remove any shiny plastic from the case and replace with a more satin or matte plastic. Shiny plastic again makes things feel cheap and shows fingerprints.
haha. Thanks for point that out. The keycaps are not the final version. Would you mind sending me some pic of the nice font of keycaps you like? I will add that to our plan.

And the upper cover case is metal, the final version will be matte.

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 08:15

depletedvespene wrote:
ZGame wrote:
zool wrote: seems like a loss to have the side knob just change the lighting, I think would be better as media control or scroll wheel etc, you might have then something more to offer then rather than "just another gaming board".
Mix of finishes is a bit distracting imo, if you gonna have matte, go matte all over, if shiny, shiny all over.
looks like the knob would be a bit low if not tilted (they look like flipout feet).
Yes, you are right, the wheel not only control the light ,but also the media, volumn, and etc, even the windows switching of your computer.
If so, why one wheel? You could have two wheels, one on either side of the keyboard, and have one control the media and the other the volume (or whatever combination might seem fit).
Hey, what we want is one wheel control everything about the keyboard.

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 08:17

depletedvespene wrote:
ZGame wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: Will there be an ISO model of this?
Yes, 9 layouts(US,UK,DE,FR,IT,JP,KR,RU)
Why no ES and ES-419? Flashy "gamer" keyboards in Spanish-speaking markets are quite lacking (ANSI en-US layouts being the only option in some places), so you'd fill a notorious void by including those two national layouts as well.
Sorry, my fault. We do offer the ES layout.

ZGame

13 Apr 2018, 08:22

Findecanor wrote: The space bar is going to be the key that will wear the most. Therefore solid opaque black plastic would be preferable over translucent plastic with black paint.
On the other hand, if you are going to backlight a key, why not backlight the entire length of the key?!
Good idea!!!

Vicente Luego

13 Apr 2018, 11:43

As for the space between F-row and number row,we want to make the keyboard more compact.[/quote]

I would also see if you can remove any shiny plastic from the case and replace with a more satin or matte plastic. Shiny plastic again makes things feel cheap and shows fingerprints.[/quote]

Floating keys are great, but I agree with the spacebar logo comments--loose it or move it. Branding is tough for keyboard manufacturers and so many get it wrong, subtly is important. Either a black-on-black small logo above the up arrow key or embossed on the wheel on the side. I think most people don't want logos in their face. Also, put it on the back label. If we like the keyboard, we tell people and you don't have to be obnoxious with it. If you want a bold logo/branding statement then put it on a T-shirt and put that in the box.[/quote]

Actually I'm quite on ur side. Always think we bought one for their quality and keyboard is more like a private stuff, not many could see our keyboards except in our office. I'd like one without logo or a small on corner. :D

BTW, also could get one transparent with backlit, that may be better

Vicente Luego

13 Apr 2018, 11:56

Blaise170 wrote: Well considering Drevo has been spamming other forums like Geekhack, I won't buy it regardless of what you do to it.
Not for sure this is a spamming, I'm new here but I've seen that they are just trying to listen to our ideas right? We could be critical or even dislike them. Actually I do want a good keyboard under 100, not for sure how much this is but maybe not that expensive. That's an option for me and i'll think about it. :lol:

just try to say my words, don't be mad bro.

andrewjoy

13 Apr 2018, 13:50

This thread is not a spam thread, we want manufacturers asking for feedback, this will make a better product.

If more did it more products would be better, please dont scare off the manufacturers who are trying to reach out.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Apr 2018, 14:41

LOL maybe this particular thread isn't spam, but they have been making multiple accounts and making threads spamming their product. The new guy just happens to love Drevo, right? :roll:

depletedvespene

13 Apr 2018, 15:00

Blaise170 wrote: LOL maybe this particular thread isn't spam, but they have been making multiple accounts and making threads spamming their product. The new guy just happens to love Drevo, right? :roll:

Also, I had never, ever seen the surname "Luego". «Luengo» IS a legitimate Spanish surname, though.

depletedvespene

13 Apr 2018, 16:01

ZGame wrote: Sorry, my fault. We do offer the ES layout.
WHICH ES layout? (remember there are two different ones)

Findecanor

13 Apr 2018, 16:23

depletedvespene wrote: Also, I had never, ever seen the surname "Luego". «Luengo» IS a legitimate Spanish surname, though.
It is not uncommon for Chinese and south-east Asians to use Western names when working with/at Western companies, and he could indeed be in Spain. I have not only worked with people in China who did but met some that were stationed in my country for weeks and one case in which a former foreign-exchange student got permanent employment.

On the other hand, misspelled actual names do happen. People who have misspelled their name when registering on one forum sometimes keep that misspelled username because it makes them unique and identifiable across forums.
My username here could be seen as a misspelling of the name of an Elf in Tolkien's Middle Earth (but is actually a portmanteau) but is unfortunately not a unique — there is a guy in Spain with my username on Steam. :roll:

ZGame

15 Apr 2018, 06:02

depletedvespene wrote:
ZGame wrote: Sorry, my fault. We do offer the ES layout.
WHICH ES layout? (remember there are two different ones)
The ES-layout, not the ES419

Vicente Luego

16 Apr 2018, 05:35

Findecanor wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: Also, I had never, ever seen the surname "Luego". «Luengo» IS a legitimate Spanish surname, though.
It is not uncommon for Chinese and south-east Asians to use Western names when working with/at Western companies, and he could indeed be in Spain. I have not only worked with people in China who did but met some that were stationed in my country for weeks and one case in which a former foreign-exchange student got permanent employment.

On the other hand, misspelled actual names do happen. People who have misspelled their name when registering on one forum sometimes keep that misspelled username because it makes them unique and identifiable across forums.
My username here could be seen as a misspelling of the name of an Elf in Tolkien's Middle Earth (but is actually a portmanteau) but is unfortunately not a unique — there is a guy in Spain with my username on Steam. :roll:
:D Thanks bro, I just want to try to say something and never thought to verbal-attack someone. Really thanks for their pointing out and I just saw DREVO posting my favorite keyboard and tried to give them some advices. Always think it's nice for manufactures to get to know what we want.

PlacaFromHell

16 Apr 2018, 06:21

Well...
Admiral Ackbar has the answer
https://youtu.be/4F4qzPbcFiA

Darkshado

16 Apr 2018, 19:15

Sock-puppet [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], by Rion, from Wikimedia Commons

Drevo guys: creating sock puppet accounts is highly frowned upon.

You want feedback on your prototypes? I don't mind that, but keep it clean and in a proper thread.

As for the actual prototype, I'm not really your target audience... I don't like the "floating" design (switch protection and acoustics, mostly), shiny plastics for peripherals, and don't really care for the current "RGB EVERYTHING!!!!1!!!1one!!!" craze.

I'm all for programmability; better yet, an open-source firmware.

Last but certainly not least, my native French Canadian layout isn't made for mechanical keyboards anywhere, except for IBM/Lexmark/Unicomp or a custom order from a place like WASD. I touch type and could get away with any ISO layout, but not everyone who uses my computer does.

spongebob1981

17 Apr 2018, 15:06

I don't think this thread is going anywhere nice. Just my opinion and no offense intended:

AFAIK this forum is more about keyboards that are either super nice, no thrills, no expense saved. Or ones that have some collectors value, rarity or history.
This Drevo Blademaster keyboards as they are posted here are neither of those. Proof: https://i.imgur.com/irZHpOc.mp4

And no design tips from this community would make them attractive to this community in any significant buying amounts. But probably on the contrary: it will put this product away from they buyers intended before coming here for advice: the spotted teenager gaming community.

Simply put, and again no disrespect intended: @ZBlade, your product scratches. And scratches good. But it scratches where there's no itch.
Good luck and hope to see you back when you are after this much smaller niche of market.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

17 Apr 2018, 15:19

This is genuinely one of the funniest threads ive seen on this forum

thank you drevo and your sockpuppet for the comedy

#dta8

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Apr 2018, 15:44

mike52787 wrote: This is genuinely one of the funniest threads ive seen on this forum

thank you drevo and your sockpuppet for the comedy

#dta8
I second your nomination. :lol:

cookie

17 Apr 2018, 16:29

Must resist to barf.... *heavy sweating*
andrewjoy wrote: This thread is not a spam thread, we want manufacturers asking for feedback, this will make a better product.

If more did it more products would be better, please dont scare off the manufacturers who are trying to reach out.
But we are sooooo elite!

Return to “Keyboards”