Just started my keyboard collection

hoggy

07 Feb 2012, 20:15

It's so nice not to have point out that keyboards might be addictive! There's some nice stuff in there. Please don't take my joke about burning the Fujitsu too seriously, I've tried to give mine away several times. They are well built, but if you had to use one all day, you'd end up clockwatching.

Let me know when you run out of storage space and have gotten bored of the focus with the blue sliders.

do_Og@n

08 Feb 2012, 01:24

hoggy wrote:It's so nice not to have point out that keyboards might be addictive! There's some nice stuff in there. Please don't take my joke about burning the Fujitsu too seriously, I've tried to give mine away several times. They are well built, but if you had to use one all day, you'd end up clockwatching.

Let me know when you run out of storage space and have gotten bored of the focus with the blue sliders.
I really like using the Fujistu for gaming but for typing it is way to stiff and the shift keys drive me crazy. I am going to try lubricating it to see if it will type any better.

As for the Blue Alps FK-2001 you will have to talk to Magna224.

Magna224

08 Feb 2012, 06:51

Never. :twisted:

hoggy

08 Feb 2012, 08:56

Magna224 wrote:Never. :twisted:
Hahahaha! I like your spirit!

Sorry, I got confused as to who owned what. That's what happens when you stop reading and just look at the pretty pictures (I think I fall into that trap a lot). Very nice boards though.

Trent

20 Feb 2012, 22:40

do_Og@n wrote:(yes...I am American)(I'm sorry...;])
Never apologize for being American.

Secondly,
I am jealous that your FK-2001 has a Windows Key. I got one for free at my universities computer graveyard, I am doing another expedition through it tomorrow actually. I found the dustcover to be stupid, so I ripped it off. It proves to be a great keyboard!

mintberryminuscrunch

21 Feb 2012, 02:18

but the ones with windows key have simplified alps
edit: ..mostly

Trent

21 Feb 2012, 05:05

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:but the ones with windows key have simplified alps
edit: ..mostly
Simplified alps?

Vax

21 Feb 2012, 09:46

Did it come with the colored kit or did you modify it?

mintberryminuscrunch

21 Feb 2012, 15:12

Magna224

21 Feb 2012, 17:59

Vax wrote:Did it come with the colored kit or did you modify it?
Most have doubleshot-colored shift, ctrl, and alt stock.

ripster

21 Feb 2012, 18:43

rodtang wrote:The Focus 2001 without windows key is the old one with true white clickly/tactile alps the ones with windows keys have blue alps.
Lol.

ripster

21 Feb 2012, 18:45

Magna224 wrote: EDIT to further help you solve why your keyboards feel different.
Compare switches from each of your keyboards to find out if the difference you feel is a simplified switch vs complicated.
If this is not the difference then there are two more possibilities. One has more wear, or they are different revisions and one has a slightly higher build quality of the keyboard itself(Possibly a more thick backplate).

Double lol.

ALPS is not so easily categorized.

Icarium

21 Feb 2012, 18:47

So you keep saying but it should be easy to show us some pictures that proof it. ;)

ripster

21 Feb 2012, 19:08

I'm not allowed to link them here so if I get in trouble for posting this it's YOUR fault..

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title= ... ified+ALPS

do_Og@n

22 Feb 2012, 04:55

Trent wrote:
do_Og@n wrote:(yes...I am American)(I'm sorry...;])
Never apologize for being American.

Secondly,
I am jealous that your FK-2001 has a Windows Key. I got one for free at my universities computer graveyard, I am doing another expedition through it tomorrow actually. I found the dustcover to be stupid, so I ripped it off. It proves to be a great keyboard!
I did get lucky with the FK-2001 with Windows Keys. Here is the list of mechanical keyboards I have so far and their switch types.

FK-2001 (newer) White Simplified Alps
FK-2001 (older) White Complicated Alps
Wyse EPC - Cherry MX Black
Fujistu Peerless - (I have no idea) It's probably a proprietary switch
EDIT
IBM Model M w/red escape key
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Vision Board VB PS2 (remind me to get pictures of this one on here...it's awesome)
EDIT
Cooler Master Rapid Fire (Cherry MX Blue)
Filco Majestouch 2 w/Yellow Keycaps (Cherry MX Brown)
'89 IBM Model M
Cherry G80-11900 Touchboard (Cherry MX Black)
Vintage Laser Brand w/double shot keycaps (Unknown Switch...Looks like a Cherry Clear but it has a circle around the + part)
A couple more that I have yet to really take a look at.

I just got my hands on 5 IBM Model M's, another Laser keyboard with Double Shot keycaps, and 1 more Cherry G80-11900. I will be posting them here in the future once I have time to clean and test them. I am also debating whether or not to sell my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. It's a good keyboard but since I purchased the CM Rapid Fire I no longer have a need for it.

P.S.- Maybe you didn't see the ;]

Return to “Keyboards”