Better late than never

Felice

14 Apr 2018, 18:51

Hi to everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

Just one year ago I began to interest about mechanical keyboards, and I knew fast was for me something especially, but I didn't still know if could be a really passion or not, but if it could be I knew to like mechanical keyboards with clicky and tactile bump.
So I bought for my first mechanical keyboard the Motospeed CK104 with Outemu blue switch; interesting rating quality/price to have an idea about switch and more, and thanks to this interesting experience, I understood something more about the world of mechanical kbd, and I searched, and found, lot of interesting, detailed and exhaustive information about each part on kbd, even thanks to community like this, and this website's wiki is really something precious about mechanical keyboards.

I even understood than 60 percent keyboard was cut for my necessity: I use keyboard just for writing at PC.

My first quality mechanical keyboard has been the KBParadise USA V60 dual backlit with Cherry MX green switches (since when I bought Arctic Cooling K381 I began to appreciate the USA layout and so I use that).
I was pleasantly surprised for the quality of this keyboard: high precision typing switch, loud to push, clicky, and very good ABS keycaps, nice sensation under the finger, and the 60 percent KBParadise is something really good; not necessary back support for the highness of keyboard, ready to use, even this is for me great peculiarity.

After Cherry MX green switch, I would something more, and for me new, in 60 percent keyboards size, so I decided for a rough switch, a nice and loud clicky tactile din bump: Matias click switch is all of this, and I'm very satisfied for this choice.

Leopold FC660C: the gently bump

So I could not to resist to the temptation to buy this third treat: a kind fairly silenced bump, a pleasure under the finger while writing, and I'm sincere, and the ready directional keys (without fn+) are always very useful.

Vortex Core: a little treat
Could I resist to this little keyboard ?! Not sure !!!
With Cherry MX Clear, very interesting.

I would know from people who try both, Fukka white and Matias click switchese: what's the real differecence ?
See you soon !!!
Attachments
My mechanical keyboards
My mechanical keyboards
kbd.jpg (40.26 KiB) Viewed 3802 times

green-squid

15 Apr 2018, 07:30

Very nice! :)

TuxKey
LLAP

15 Apr 2018, 14:06

I have to say nice journey mate..
i have had the same inkling with the fc660C and short after bought the fc660M with mx-clears...the little keyboad you mention is also something i have bin looking at...
We do have more EU choices then in the past when i got in to it..
This is what i payed for my FC660M

- Keycaps $50 €38,51
- Leopold FC6600 $154 €118,34
- Customs and DHL Bulshit €47,59

- Totaal €204 That's well over $240

and now i'm going to sell it for around €150 so that's the thing with trying out new things hahaha
your'e always on the lookout for new stuff..
i'm now going in to the next vase of this hobby and that's modding and self assembling ..just spend over €300 for all the gear i'm going to need like soldering iron TS100 and other doodads and stuff one needs..

it 's not a cheap hobby by a long shot. But ah well it is nice.. and seeing i spend most of my time typing it's ok..

TuxKey
LLAP

15 Apr 2018, 14:10

btw almost forgot if you want to turn that FC660C in to a fully programmable board..without needing to know how to program or anything really simple.. look at the Hasu Controller..i got one in my FC660C and it's a game changer well worth the $42 + $6 shipping..
i actually miss it in my FC660M

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Apr 2018, 14:43

I like you already for not saying "keeb".

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Apr 2018, 18:30

Welcome, nice little collection you got there, how do you like the FC660C?

wiki/User:Seebart

Felice

19 Apr 2018, 11:59

seebart wrote: Welcome, nice little collection you got there, how do you like the FC660C?

To be honest, I like keyboards by default, I just use for writing, and my feelings are all for the good sensations under the finger while I'm writing, at this moment with a Matias click in KBParadise V60 vintage style: always a good recoil.

The Leopold FC660C for me is right as it is: simply great, always a great emotion using it: writing passion passes here too !!!

Now I'm thinking to the Filco Minila with Cherry MX Blue, but I would to like a lot if mechanical keyboard's producers could use much more Alps switch style, and buckling springs too, big brand often uses only Cherry switch, and this is a pity.
Cherry are very good, but there are others great switches.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Apr 2018, 12:07

Felice wrote:
seebart wrote: Welcome, nice little collection you got there, how do you like the FC660C?

To be honest, I like keyboards by default, I just use for writing, and my feelings are all for the good sensations under the finger while I'm writing, at this moment with a Matias click in KBParadise V60 vintage style: always a good recoil.

The Leopold FC660C for me is right as it is: simply great, always a great emotion using it: writing passion passes here too !!!

Now I'm thinking to the Filco Minila with Cherry MX Blue, but I would to like a lot if mechanical keyboard's producers could use much more Alps switch style, and buckling springs too, big brand often uses only Cherry switch, and this is a pity.
Cherry are very good, but there are others great switches.
Cool, you found the right place then here with us. Sometimes we have "try before you buy" keyboard tours. I'm on my FC980C right now. Topre 45g is just great to type on.

Felice

19 Apr 2018, 13:36

I agree, try before to buy is great, but not always is possible, not for me at least, is for that I try to search all the possible information on the internet (and this site is very good) about a mkb before to buy, and until now I made right choice, I'm glad for the purchase.
I'm dreaming too a 60percent with Buckling spring, something like this (photo on https://bit.ly/2HfsGmY)
it's enough compact, but I would like more something KBParadise style, extremely compact.
Every now and then little big dreams become true !!!
Attachments
mkb-60percent-with-bucking-spring.jpg
mkb-60percent-with-bucking-spring.jpg (476.95 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
Last edited by Felice on 20 Apr 2018, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Felice

20 Apr 2018, 00:26

tuxkey wrote: ...and short after bought the fc660M with mx-clears...
I'm sure fc660m with Cherry mx clear is really something good, since the high quality keyboard and keycaps too, I have the clears in my Vortex core and I'm very satisfied, before I tried Cherry green and I didn't wait so much from clear, but I changed my mind.

Felice

22 Aug 2018, 00:21

KBParadise V60 Fukka switch packaging
KBParadise V60 Fukka switch packaging
kbparadise-v60-fukka-alps-switch-packaging.jpeg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Hi to everyone,
now I know the difference between Matias click switch and Fukka, both great switches, the feeling with the solid black case for me is better (I wanted this even in my Vortex Core).
Fukka switch in solid black case
Fukka switch in solid black case
fukka-switch.jpeg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
If you think I'm crazy for mechanical keyboards, you're right !!!
My little treats...
My little treats...
keyboards.jpeg (72.11 KiB) Viewed 3354 times

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

22 Aug 2018, 15:28

Ha I have a huge box of keyboards. I managed to get down to single digits last year and I've slowly built back up to like 20-30 again...

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2018, 17:00

All heaped up in a box? That won’t do! You, sir, need to up your display game.

I mean it’s no Webwit’s Raiders of the Lost Warehouse, but a little shelving does the trick.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

22 Aug 2018, 17:24

Well part of the issue is that 80-90% of the boards there are projects in progress. The boards which are actually in useable condition are the ones currently in use.

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2018, 17:48

Yup. Beware “projects.” I’ve come to learn I’m almost utterly useless at finishing them! They’re forever best when just imagined, before contact with the enemy that is reality.

Some people are definitely better at seeing them through than others. I’ll admit I’m far from the best at that! Fortunately, I do know not to take on too many projects simultaneously. At least these days. It’s the back burner that’ll kill you.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

22 Aug 2018, 18:05

Many of these "projects" are months or even years old at this point. If I had the time in the day I'd certainly get to them, but alas. I actually did finally get one project done which was the Varmilo I'm currently using. Most of my projects just needs some soldering work (replacing switches, repairing traces, etc.) so if I can get a few hours without distractions I can actually get through a large chunk of my backlog. The problem, of course, is getting that uninterrupted time.

Felice

23 Aug 2018, 22:08

Muirium wrote: All heaped up in a box? That won’t do! You, sir, need to up your display game.

I mean it’s no Webwit’s Raiders of the Lost Warehouse, but a little shelving does the trick.
Very well, this order for mechanical keyboards, I would like a lot to have more space for this. Really nice.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Aug 2018, 20:14

Muirium wrote: All heaped up in a box? That won’t do! You, sir, need to up your display game.

HERESY! All those keyboards taking UV (and dust!). Burn the witch!

Muirium
µ

24 Aug 2018, 23:28

Calm down man! Only the IBMs live on it full time. I keep my fragile but oh so pretty ABS caps and boards in drawers when I’m not using them. Only the solid PBT boys stay on display, and get frequent enough use I hardly need to dust them. The shelves however…

Engicoder

24 Aug 2018, 23:30

Does look like a dusting is in order, however... :lol:

Muirium
µ

24 Aug 2018, 23:34

Ain’t it always so! I’ve remodelled a bit since. So the shelves got a good clean, front and back, while I was at it. My workspace, however, is in compensatory disarray. Usual story.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Aug 2018, 05:19

There are those of us who prefer boxes, wire racks and shipping containers for their keyboard storage. Just saying.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Aug 2018, 07:38

I use two of those three. :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”