it took 2 searches ...

Dingster

17 Apr 2018, 19:06

Myoth wrote: Image

it took 2 searches ...
that was fast hahaha

green-squid

17 Apr 2018, 19:10

thanks bro! Looks like it's not so rare after all, but apparenty still better than the one it originally came with.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Apr 2018, 19:13

Nice find, I never "find" stuff like this. Ever. :x

green-squid

17 Apr 2018, 19:18

Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

I’m not sure why they are being so smart about it. They posted links to a model 1, my TRS-80 is a model 3 with an integrated keyboard. It’s not the same as the model I and it’s not in the pictures they posted.

seebart

17 Apr 2018, 19:24

No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.

green-squid

17 Apr 2018, 19:27

seebart wrote: No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.
It wasn't me. It was sean1978. But yeah, cool find! :) Much better than the crappy integrated dome ones! The Trash-80 is awesome.

seebart

17 Apr 2018, 19:30

green-squid wrote:
seebart wrote: No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.
It wasn't me. It was sean1978. But yeah, cool find! :) Much better than the crappy integrated dome ones! The Trash-80 is awesome.
^
Oh OK sorry.

Myoth

17 Apr 2018, 19:37

green-squid wrote: Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

I’m not sure why they are being so smart about it. They posted links to a model 1, my TRS-80 is a model 3 with an integrated keyboard. It’s not the same as the model I and it’s not in the pictures they posted.
so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...

anyway, I'm not sure what you wanted to get info in, you knew where it came from, the switches and pretty much everything about it, what did you want to know more about it ?

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Apr 2018, 19:39

green-squid wrote: Any info on this? (not my find)
The wiki pages for SKCC Cream and Alps integrated dome both mention it with references.

The SKCC version was mentioned here in 2014 (per the reference on the SKCC Cream page):

keyboards-f2/keyboard-mystery-alps-12kc ... t9492.html

green-squid

17 Apr 2018, 19:44

Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote: Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...

anyway, I'm not sure what you wanted to get info in, you knew where it came from, the switches and pretty much everything about it, what did you want to know more about it ?
I just wanted to get info for him. Don't shoot the messenger!

ScottPaladin

17 Apr 2018, 19:59

Haha, I love how small some corners of the internet are. I'm the "a guy on reddit" who spotted his other video and sent him a couple of spares I've got. Hilarious to see it loop back around here.

hansichen

17 Apr 2018, 20:02

Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote: so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...

One is a G80-0414 and the other one is a G80-0414H, so there is a difference :P :lol:

green-squid

17 Apr 2018, 20:03

ScottPaladin wrote: Haha, I love how small some corners of the internet are. I'm the "a guy on reddit" who spotted his other video and sent him a couple of spares I've got. Hilarious to see it loop back around here.
haha, that's very funny! :lol:

seebart

17 Apr 2018, 20:17

hansichen wrote:
Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote: so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...

One is a G80-0414 and the other one is a G80-0414H, so there is a difference :P :lol:
Valid point. :P

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 Apr 2018, 20:36

The moral of the story here is that before asking about general information on a keyboard, you should first check the wonderful wiki that this community (mostly Daniel) has created to see if it answers your questions.

=)

Myoth

17 Apr 2018, 20:45

hansichen wrote:
Myoth wrote:

:lol: :lol:

though ... I even said so myself ...
Myoth wrote: sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...

Return to “Keyboards”