Another guy on reddit selling a Wingnut (for $10.000 ?!?!?!?!!!)

derzemel

19 Apr 2018, 07:52

Here's the sale page made by a guy from Australia.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (119.16 KiB) Viewed 6333 times

subcat

19 Apr 2018, 07:58

derzemel wrote: Here's the sale page made by a guy from Australia.
hm, guy from my city

wonder who sold it to him

Myoth

19 Apr 2018, 08:21

that hurts as a member of this forum

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 Apr 2018, 08:26

Remember how this turd from reddit traded a shit tier artisan for a Wingnut in the Photo category last DTA?

hansichen

19 Apr 2018, 08:28

He definetly got a better deal than this guy :lol: I can't believe that people really pay that much for it, that's crazy.

wobbled

19 Apr 2018, 09:17

10 grand? Haha what a dickhead

E3E

19 Apr 2018, 09:21

Another? Did someone recently try to sell a wingnut before this?

samuelcable

19 Apr 2018, 09:25

I'd never have the heart to sell something like this, it just seems like such a special little reward

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Apr 2018, 09:55

derzemel wrote: Here's the made by a guy from Australia.
Scumbag, I might send him a message with a serious diss. A lack of respect combined with greed. Even if someone offered me 15000 for mine I wouldn't sell it.

depletedvespene

19 Apr 2018, 11:27

This makes me angry — by selling it, the wingnut is robbed of its "award" status (we don't even know what this particular one was awarded for!).

Heck, I want one, but I have to earn it. What's its point, otherwise?

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:35

depletedvespene wrote: This makes me angry — by selling it, the wingnut is robbed of its "award" status (we don't even know what this particular one was awarded for!).
The question is rather who sold theirs in the first place.
depletedvespene wrote: Heck, I want one, but I have to earn it. What's its point, otherwise?
Exactly, it's an award. People vote for you.

wobbled

19 Apr 2018, 11:41

Future wingnuts should have very slight differences or markings / serial numbers on the underside so we can identify which prick sold his

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:45

On a grand scale there are not that many wingnut winners so it should be possible to find out who sold theirs...of course more silver than gold ones.

chzel

19 Apr 2018, 11:54

seebart wrote: Even if someone offered me 15000 for mine I wouldn't sell it.
How about......ONE MILLION DOLLARS?

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:56

chzel wrote:
seebart wrote: Even if someone offered me 15000 for mine I wouldn't sell it.
How about......ONE MILLION DOLLARS?
:o Everyone has their price... :evilgeek:

codemonkeymike

19 Apr 2018, 12:29

Sometimes people need the cash more then the trophy, or they give up on the hobby and the trophy no longer has intrinsic value any more. Quick story on this, my uncle has helped people sell Grammys and Oscars, two awards that you would think that people would hold on to for life. Part of getting an Oscar is if you ever don't want it you must give it back to the people who gave it to you, you can't sell it but people do anyway. That being said I would never buy a wingnut, their value as a member of DT is in having done something that gets a quorum of people to vote for you.

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 12:38

codemonkeymike wrote: Sometimes people need the cash more then the trophy, or they give up on the hobby and the trophy no longer has intrinsic value any more. Quick story on this, my uncle has helped people sell Grammys and Oscars, two awards that you would think that people would hold on to for life. Part of getting an Oscar is if you ever don't want it you must give it back to the people who gave it to you, you can't sell it but people do anyway. That being said I would never buy a wingnut, their value as a member of DT is in having done something that gets a quorum of people to vote for you.
From what I understand Oscar winners don't get the actual trophy anymore these days, it just sits in some cabinet at the academy.

If someone showed up here with a wingnut that would be very obvious.

codemonkeymike

19 Apr 2018, 12:45

seebart wrote: From what I understand Oscar winners don't get the actual trophy anymore these days, it just sits in some cabinet at the academy.

From what I have just read there is about 3000 Oscars out there, it is quite obvious that that Oscar does not belong to the owner if some Joe Schmoe posts a pic with one. Yet people still buy and sell them.

Menuhin

19 Apr 2018, 12:48

Yi-Xiong-Shenn?

Obviously not only the old German guys on Kleinanzeigen over-estimated the amount their items should cost, so this mainland Chinese-style-mandarin-speaking immigrant to Australia does the same thing.

A prize that is no longer with the prize-winner, especially when the prize winner is not a celebrity or a historical figure, worth at least 100 less.

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 13:29

codemonkeymike wrote:
seebart wrote: From what I understand Oscar winners don't get the actual trophy anymore these days, it just sits in some cabinet at the academy.

From what I have just read there is about 3000 Oscars out there, it is quite obvious that that Oscar does not belong to the owner if some Joe Schmoe posts a pic with one. Yet people still buy and sell them.
That's pretty pathetic too. I mean if you didn't win it but buy it...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2018, 14:59

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 15:17

Good link thanks.
Here's why Oscars are only worth $1
That means our Wingnuts are worth 1000 times more. :mrgreen:

green-squid

19 Apr 2018, 15:22

BOOM! He deleted the post, probably for breaking the rules.

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 15:24

green-squid wrote: BOOM! He deleted the post, probably for breaking the rules.
Ha, what a loser. :P

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2018, 15:27

I think I have one somewhere... time to create a fake reddit account...

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 15:28

matt3o wrote: I think I have one somewhere... time to create a fake reddit account...
Yeah good idea. ;)

JP!

19 Apr 2018, 15:39

This is like buying someones trophy at a garage sale or flea market, except paying a lot of money for one. A gold wingnut must be worth like $100k :mrgreen:

I guess technically these have been considered club property. Although DT is not a club anymore that should not change anything and if someone doesn't need their's please donate it back to DT to support future awards.

chzel

19 Apr 2018, 15:39

I should have done that when I had them all! :evilgeek: :evilgeek: :evilgeek:
DTA6_header_0010.jpg
DTA6_header_0010.jpg (120.16 KiB) Viewed 5992 times

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 15:40

chzel wrote: I should have done that when I had them all! :evilgeek: :evilgeek: :evilgeek:
DTA6_header_0010.jpg
You would be a rich man. :lol:

thokir

19 Apr 2018, 15:42

What are they even made of? Real screws and nuts and dome other metal for the wings? (Though they look too similar for that, so I'd guess it's made in a mold)

Return to “Keyboards”