Zilanda or similarly named silent panda switches

TheMilkmen

20 Apr 2018, 15:09

Alright so I have been looking into getting some pandas together for a good panda tactile, but also need a silent board. So the question is has anyone done any modding to make a zilent stemmed panda switch? I'd love to know how they sound and feel especially compared to stock zilents/zeal/mod etc.
Also gonna have to die a little to wait for the pandas r2 rip me and the wallet.

pyrelink

20 Apr 2018, 15:37

I was abducted by Zilents back in 1986, and there were DEFINITELY pandas on the observation tables suspended in front of me, but due to the Zilent/Zeal war there was never any silence.

chzel

20 Apr 2018, 15:40

Shit I'm getting old...I didn't understand half of what OP said...

pyrelink

20 Apr 2018, 15:42

Is a Panda like a MX White and Black hybrid somehow?

codemonkeymike

20 Apr 2018, 15:43

I think pandas are made by BSUN so you can use those for housing and instead of using Zilents you could use Aliaz switches. If that actually works it will be much cheaper

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Apr 2018, 15:43

chzel wrote: Shit I'm getting old...I didn't understand half of what OP said...
No worries chzel, the only Pandas I know are these:
nmebn.jpg
nmebn.jpg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

TheMilkmen

20 Apr 2018, 15:54

pyrelink wrote: Is a Panda like a MX White and Black hybrid somehow?
Its the switch sold by invyr or on 1upkeyboards I think as well, but they have good contacts and low wobble on them, making them good for tactile stems and not the linear stems originally in them. So my goal is to learn about the zilent stem in them for that great tactile and silent combo.

jihadu

24 Apr 2018, 12:39

TheMilkmen wrote:
Its the switch sold by invyr or on 1upkeyboards I think as well, but they have good contacts and low wobble on them, making them good for tactile stems and not the linear stems originally in them. So my goal is to learn about the zilent stem in them for that great tactile and silent combo.
That's why BSUN browns are great tactiles as they share a housing with panda switches

Mikelittoris

24 Apr 2018, 12:50

TheMilkmen wrote:
A MX Clear stem with a MX Black spring used to be called panda clears. A heavy version of Ergo clears.

TheMilkmen

24 Apr 2018, 16:12

jihadu wrote:
TheMilkmen wrote:
That's why BSUN browns are great tactiles as they share a housing with panda switches
yeah I thought that they were different though, at least that is what pete said on reddit with the update on the round 2 of panda switches.

pyrelink

24 Apr 2018, 18:49

Mikelittoris wrote: A MX Clear stem with a MX Black spring used to be called panda clears. A heavy version of Ergo clears.
Yeah, yeah I seem to recall that. Thanks.

Return to “Keyboards”