any chance to order a keyboard with this (customized) layout?

III

27 Apr 2018, 15:35

Note Big Ass Enter, full-size backspace and a backslash to the right of shift.

Used this layout since 1998 BTC keyboard. But nowadays it's too hard to find. Any suggestions?

PS Would love to buy something like das keyboard 4pro but with this layout.

Brett MacK

27 Apr 2018, 15:42

Focus 2001 keyboards use this layout if you like alps switches. There are a couple on eBay right now for pretty reasonable prices.
E2119A56-8F2A-497B-853E-AE94E232BCAE.jpeg
E2119A56-8F2A-497B-853E-AE94E232BCAE.jpeg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 5180 times

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Apr 2018, 15:44

You can build your own, but since BAE is no longer produced you'll likely have to stay with vintage boards. However, Focus made very good keyboards and they are still easy to find on eBay with Alps switches. If any switches die you also have the opportunity to replace them with Matias switches.

https://ebay.to/2KklWCo

green-squid

27 Apr 2018, 15:49

Blaise170 wrote: You can build your own, but since BAE is no longer produced you'll likely have to stay with vintage boards. However, Focus made very good keyboards and they are still easy to find on eBay with Alps switches. If any switches die you also have the opportunity to replace them with Matias switches.

https://ebay.to/2KklWCo
TaiHao still makes big ass enters.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/taihao- ... 2aea&tpp=1

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Apr 2018, 15:56

That's interesting, didn't realize the keycaps were still produced, but there still aren't any production boards that I know of with this layout, it would still need to be a custom designed board.

samuelcable

27 Apr 2018, 15:57

Blaise170 wrote: That's interesting, didn't realize the keycaps were still produced, but there still aren't any production boards that I know of with this layout, it would still need to be a custom designed board.
Enjoy PBT also makes big ass enters as a special order, you can get them on taobao which are proper cherry profile and thick

Findecanor

27 Apr 2018, 17:51

I know of a few mechanical keyboards that have large backwards-L Enter and large Backspace but the order of the \ and right Shift are swapped:
1) Zowie Celeritas II in US-ANSI version. It has linear Flaretech switches (feel like Cherry MX Red) and red backlighting. Also neither analogue nor waterproof like one or the other others with Flaretech switches.
2) The predecessor Zowie Celeritas in US-ANSI specifically. Has Cherry MX Brown. Discontinued.
3) Steelseries 6GV2, for any layout. Has Cherry MX Black. Also discontinued.

Unlike the vertical and horizontal Enter keys, the "Big-Ass" backwards-L Enter keys for Cherry MX switches are not standardised so compatibility with replacement keycaps may be a hit or miss.
I have seen replacement Enter keys that were specified as fitting the Steelseries 6GV2.
Vintage Alps keyboards have even more variation.

Phenix
-p

28 Apr 2018, 01:34

The Steelseries 6Gv2 might be for you?

III

29 Apr 2018, 09:33

maybe, though it has backslash to the left. And I'm so used to type question mark and pipe using shift + button to the left and shift + button to the right...

Return to “Keyboards”