Teardown - Kailh x Novelkeys BOX Royal switches

Chyros

30 Apr 2018, 08:53

Hiya guys, we're going to take a look at the new tactile offering from Novelkeys today :) . Hope you enjoy the video!

Elrick

30 Apr 2018, 10:05

Thanks for the review of the BOX Royals.

Now there is so much more choice than ever before, the kiddies indeed shall have to make serious decisions in what they want to install into their keyboards.

Pity Kailh never decided to approach the Alps switch design instead, imagine the possibilities :shock: .

Starck

01 May 2018, 10:43

Thank you for changing the intro music, no more bleeding ears.

And are you planning to put these switches in a complete keyboard?

Chyros

01 May 2018, 12:23

Starck wrote: Thank you for changing the intro music, no more bleeding ears.

And are you planning to put these switches in a complete keyboard?
Kinda. It will probably take a while, though.

DustGod
Yet another IBM snob

02 May 2018, 13:15

Elrick wrote: Pity Kailh never decided to approach the Alps switch design instead, imagine the possibilities :shock: .
It's not economically convenient unfortunately, due to incompatibility with almost all modern keycaps.

Chyros

02 May 2018, 14:24

DustGod wrote:
Elrick wrote: Pity Kailh never decided to approach the Alps switch design instead, imagine the possibilities :shock: .
It's not economically convenient unfortunately, due to incompatibility with almost all modern keycaps.
That's pretty easy to adapt though :p .

Noobmaen

02 May 2018, 14:32

I always thought the ProWorld cherry mx clone switches were an intriguing hybrid, having the alps type click leaf. Don't know whether they actually feel any good though. wiki/ProWorld_Cherry_MX_clone

Sangdrax

03 May 2018, 00:57

Not a huge fan of tactile, but I gotta say the drop in those graphs looks pretty good for something that doesn't click.

Ander

30 May 2018, 01:54

Excellent and helpful review, Chyros! Regarding the choice of "Royal" for purple, see:

Why Is the Color Purple Associated With Royalty? (Livescience.com)

Elrick

30 May 2018, 04:45

Ander wrote: Excellent and helpful review, Chyros! Regarding the choice of "Royal" for purple, see:

Why Is the Color Purple Associated With Royalty? (Livescience.com)
Purple has always been around since Roman times.

First read that the FRENCH had a close association with their Royalty, before beheading them ;) .

Difficult colour to produce way back then, hence only those with power and money could afford to drape themselves in that shade (high school remembrance).

rich1051414

08 Jun 2018, 23:36

Mine arrived today. These are the most 'alps like' switch I have felt in cherry mx style. Very nice :)

Return to “Keyboards”