Canon branded Chicony KB-5311?

cnrmsn

08 Jun 2018, 20:42

I got this board from a friend. Typing this on it. It appears to be exactly the same as a Chicony KB-5311 except with the Canon logo instead. Standard PS/2 keyboard with a mini din connector, rubber domes. Despite being rubber domes they are fairly tactile, responsive, and quite nice. Dated 5-31-93. Canon as far as i knew made cameras, and I know Canon has manufactured some office supplies in the past, but i've never heard of any PC clones or compatibles made by them. And I cant find anything online. So I'd like to know where this board came from
Standard rubber dome keyswitch
Same FCC ID as Chicony model

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 Jun 2018, 20:46

I don't know what system this is from specifically, but Canon made many PCs over the years.

cnrmsn

08 Jun 2018, 20:49

Blaise170 wrote: I don't know what system this is from specifically, but Canon made many PCs over the years.

I mean I've heard of Canon computers, but all that I've seen predate the AT era. Like that machine there, it has a large din connector. Looks old. Probably XT. The system this keyboard shipped with is early-mid 90's, the keyboard itself is dated 93.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 Jun 2018, 20:54

cnrmsn

08 Jun 2018, 20:58

Blaise170 wrote: Image
That looks promising

Return to “Keyboards”