Plz help me switch to a modern keyboard

anothergol

16 Jun 2018, 05:58

Hello,

I've been using a Mitsumi KPQ-E99YC for as long as I've been a programmer. I've maintained two of them over the years, but I'm afraid they're ending their life.
I just can't find any, especially when I need an AZERTY one (I don't think they are special inside, though - I could most likely buy any QWERTY and replace the keys with old ones I guess, but well.. the few QWERTY ones seem to be in the US).

And anyway, maybe it's time for me to make the switch to a modern one. ...but which one?

My problem is that those rubber sleeves were quite unique, and I don't know what comes the closest today.
I love everything on this keyboard:

-the fact that the keys registers at the very bottom, meaning that for repetition (mainly games I'd say), I can hold my finger on the key, nearly fully pressed, and press very lightly for a key to register

-the fact that keys can be pressed from anywhere, including their corners. I really hate how MANY keyboards seem to block when you hit keys from corners

-the good old separate numpad, of course, & the arrangement in general, even though I can adapt here

Is there anyone who used to use these rubber-sleeve keyboards (OEM Mitsumi ones, & as some Apple & Commodore kbs), and found something he could get used to?

Thanks!

Return to “Keyboards”