PS2 to USB adapter issue

njm

20 Jun 2018, 04:03

Hey guys, I'm using a Model M 1391401 connected to an iMac with a Sanoxy blue cube PS2 to USB adapter. It mostly works well, but once or twice a day it gets itself into a state where it seems to transmit the wrong key codes. For example, I'll type "0123456789" and get something like "¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº" instead.

If I unplug the USB adapter from the computer and plug it back in, it goes back to normal. Does that sound like an issue with the adapter, or could it possibly be the keyboard?

hasu

22 Jun 2018, 08:32

It registers special charactors in international keyboard layout.
Alt(Opt) key is stuck for some reason? I think you could try reseating the keycap.

njm

22 Jun 2018, 13:00

Ah thanks hasu. You're right, it does look like the Alt/Opt modifier is being applied. I will check the keycap. The interesting thing is that if I leave the adapter plugged into the computer and disconnect/reconnect the keyboard, the issue persists - whereas if I disconnect the adapter from the computer and reconnect it, it starts working again. This made me think it might be an adapter issue.

I'd test with another keyboard but only have the one PS2 keyboard now. Maybe a good excuse to buy some more.

Return to “Keyboards”