Solidarity - Custom Varmilo VA87MR

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Jul 2018, 17:46

After several years of wanting to do so, I've finally reached the end of a project. This is one of the three boards I have been planning to build and gets me that much closer to finally finishing my pursuit of a better keyboard. Currently, the board is using linear Cherry MX Gray switches, white LED backlight, and UV screened ABS keycaps that I based off of the Deep Space GB from a few years ago. The artisan key on Esc is a Jelly Key Forbidden Realms keycap. I nicknamed the keyset Solidarity based on a space film I made a long time ago and therefore the project has taken the Solidarity name. :)

Once the other projects of mine are finished, I'll probably be much less active in the community, which is probably a blessing and curse depending on your perspective of me. :lol:

andrewjoy

25 Jul 2018, 17:50

Not a huge one for artisans but jelly is an exception as they look good! Even better with that LED behind it.

Cool mods but alphas are not to my personal taste!

Glad your happy with it.

I have that mouse mat too.

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2018, 18:29

Globalist mouse mats…

Must agree on the fancy cap. It’s like a wee terrarium in there. So much better than some botface. And naturally I approve of the icon mods, especially the navigation block and chevron control keys. One aspect of Apple keyboard design they still do right.

But typing on a board full of greys is mental, as you surely know.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Jul 2018, 18:38

I've actually been typing on this board for a couple of months now, and the Grays are surprisingly nice. Because of their weight, I actually don't bottom out that much, though the spring return is equally as fatiguing I suppose. Next time I would probably get MX Blacks or even Reds, as my desktop at home has Reds.

andrewjoy

25 Jul 2018, 18:38

Apple have not always done exclusively icon mods

Take the AEK for example.
IMG_20180725_173511.jpg
IMG_20180725_173511.jpg (225.72 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
I have also noticed that on the 2009-2011 macbook pros the ISO keyboards have icon only mods but the ANSI have icon and text.

linerised dampened creams with a PCB material plate and ALPS60 if you where wondering :)

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2018, 18:42

Yeah, it’s Apple’s ISO keyboards I’m talking about. And not the Command / Option mods so much as the Home / End etc.

Option in particular has long been a weird key. Ever since the AEK I, they’ve variously labelled it with the junction icon, the word Option and Alt. Some desire to match (but not equal??) the PC keyboard of the era? Like that Num Lock that has no function.

Ungh.

andrewjoy

25 Jul 2018, 18:48

The num lock is for when you boot into DOS.

And thats so strange , my AEK1 has Alt Option ..... never noticed there where different option keys before

In fact just checked my second AEK1 and its also Alt Option

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Jul 2018, 18:50

I need a matching table to go with my keycap.

andrewjoy

25 Jul 2018, 18:51

Thats so awesome!

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2018, 18:51

It’s like oceanography in there!

zslane

25 Jul 2018, 19:19

Wow, that table is stunning.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

26 Jul 2018, 13:43

Muirium wrote: It’s like oceanography in there!
I want to dive into it. :lol:

TuxKey
LLAP

26 Jul 2018, 16:11

impressive to look at.. btw nice concrete look you have going on.. you should consider doing a nice album..

nogoodnames

01 Aug 2018, 09:17

wasd custom keycaps?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

06 Aug 2018, 15:10

nogoodnames wrote: wasd custom keycaps?
Yes

rebsky

06 Aug 2018, 20:25

Great work!

Return to “Keyboards”