Tai-Hao keycaps on Dell AT101W problems?

abrahamstechnology

03 Sep 2018, 01:14

Hi,
I'm refitting a Dell AT101W with Tai-Hao keycaps, I already bought a set on AliExpress. However, I have some concerns, I hear that the TH sets don't have a stepped capslock key. Does Tai-Hao sell them separately or would I be forced to modify the capslock key?

Also, I bought a set of Matias stabilizers (the AT101W chassis didn't have them) but the hooks on the spacebar wire appear to be only half as tall as photos I found of the stock stabilizers. Is this of any concern?

Elrick

03 Sep 2018, 02:31

abrahamstechnology wrote: Hi,
I'm refitting a Dell AT101W with Tai-Hao keycaps, I already bought a set on AliExpress. However, I have some concerns, I hear that the TH sets don't have a stepped capslock key. Does Tai-Hao sell them separately or would I be forced to modify the capslock key?
https://shop.tai-hao.com/products/alps-capslock

These are the updated caps lock to fit our Dell's. Only colour is Black, hence not much of a choice really :( .

abrahamstechnology

03 Sep 2018, 02:42

Elrick wrote:
abrahamstechnology wrote: Hi,
https://shop.tai-hao.com/products/alps-capslock

These are the updated caps lock to fit our Dell's. Only colour is Black, hence not much of a choice really :( .
Nice, thanks!

Inxie

03 Sep 2018, 03:43

Wait, $36 for just a single key?

03 Sep 2018, 04:50

Inxie wrote: Wait, $36 for just a single key?
that's taiwanese dollars. it's about 1.2 usd.

Elrick

03 Sep 2018, 05:05

00. wrote:
Inxie wrote: Wait, $36 for just a single key?
that's taiwanese dollars. it's about 1.2 usd.
Yep - $1.17USD.

Hak Foo

03 Sep 2018, 05:40

Honestly, I've held off ordering some because their cart handles shipping so weirdly-- you have to buy seperate shipping fee items. It looks like the one for add-on keys alone (about USD8) might be enough, but I don't want to place an order and then find it has to be reworked because the language is incomprehensible.

abrahamstechnology

04 Sep 2018, 00:53

Hak Foo wrote: Honestly, I've held off ordering some because their cart handles shipping so weirdly-- you have to buy seperate shipping fee items. It looks like the one for add-on keys alone (about USD8) might be enough, but I don't want to place an order and then find it has to be reworked because the language is incomprehensible.
Same, I'm going to try modding the stock capslock perhaps with a 3D printed stem, before I order some of these.
Also I don't know if the spacebar with the Matias stab will even work yet.

Return to “Keyboards”