IDENTIFY THE KEYSWITCH thread

Jimi14

19 Mar 2019, 10:44

Can anyone identify what this is?

Image

Sits in something called an East KB-5102 that a guy is selling, and i cant seem to find much info about.

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

20 Mar 2019, 02:23

It's from Sony KI-9700P. Who know it?

Image
Image

Findecanor

20 Mar 2019, 03:34

quochung1989 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 02:23
It's from Sony KI-9700P. Who know it?
They remind me a lot of SMK spring-over-dome. Those are nice. But that could maybe be just a dome with slider.

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

20 Mar 2019, 04:24

Findecanor wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 03:34
quochung1989 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 02:23
It's from Sony KI-9700P. Who know it?
They remind me a lot of SMK spring-over-dome. Those are nice. But that could maybe be just a dome with slider.
Where can I read more info about it?

Findecanor

20 Mar 2019, 09:26

I couldn't find any existing info about them when I got them, unfortunately. I saw only "SMK" on the PCB.

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

20 Mar 2019, 09:32

Findecanor wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 09:26
I couldn't find any existing info about them when I got them, unfortunately. I saw only "SMK" on the PCB.
Ah I see. Thank you!

User avatar
ZedTheMan

25 Mar 2019, 21:46

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3705988763

Any idea what these might be? I haven't seen anything with that housing before. Googling the FCC ID it looks to be a Deyi keyboard.

Rauha

27 Mar 2019, 11:29

Coulf use some help identifying. Got this Toshiba T3100e today. That model is known to have Alps SKFL switches. However, mine clearly does not.

Image

At first sight I guessed SMK 2nd gen, but nope. Then maybe Alps SKFR/SKFS, but it's not that either. No visible branding.

Image

They feel definately very Alps linear like(ish). Very smooth and light linear switch. Despite the low profile it feels like full travel switch. I'm actually not at all disapointed getting these instead on SKFL. They feel great. Would just like to know what they are?

User avatar
subcat

27 Mar 2019, 12:12

Rauha wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 11:29
Coulf use some help identifying. Got this Toshiba T3100e today. That model is known to have Alps SKFL switches. However, mine clearly does not.

Image

At first sight I guessed SMK 2nd gen, but nope. Then maybe Alps SKFR/SKFS, but it's not that either. No visible branding.

Image

They feel definately very Alps linear like(ish). Very smooth and light linear switch. Despite the low profile it feels like full travel switch. I'm actually not at all disapointed getting these instead on SKFL. They feel great. Would just like to know what they are?
Those are Alps common mount low profile, my unit has them as well

Rauha

27 Mar 2019, 12:28

subcat wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 12:12

Those are Alps common mount low profile, my unit has them as well
Thank you very much.

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

04 Apr 2019, 03:09

Anyone know what clones these are?
clone.PNG
clone.PNG (301.77 KiB) Viewed 277 times

User avatar
Chyros

04 Apr 2019, 08:15

Many of those clones are impossible to place unless you can get a good view of the insides.

ghostdawg187

08 Apr 2019, 19:30

Today I have received a Datacomp DFK 192 from a fellow deskthority member. I am a little bit uncertain about the switches. I assume they are SMK 2nd generation with ALPS mount. But are they tactile white or yellowed clicky blues? They are really loud for a tactile switch, so what is this thing???
20190408_192255.jpg
20190408_192255.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 161 times

User avatar
Chyros

08 Apr 2019, 20:07

Looks like tactile whites. The blues turn greenish when yellowed.

User avatar
Noobmaen

08 Apr 2019, 20:09

I am the previous owner of the datacomp, they certainly feel like normal blue SMK switches to me. I've seen apaprently unpigmented ones like this in another DFK 192 before.

Atlantic

16 Apr 2019, 15:33

IMG-20190416-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190416-WA0002.jpg (208.5 KiB) Viewed 72 times
From a Toshiba Rupo laptop, made in Japan circa 1990-1995.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”