Linearizing White Alps

Pumaeggs

19 Nov 2018, 15:36

I recently acquired and restored a nice ortek MCK-142pro board with white alps, and i love it to death. Unfortunately, even after cleaning and restoring the switch leaves, i find that SKCM whites are not to my taste. I prefer clicky switches with a tactile bump more towards the middle as opposed to at the top like white alps. I have been considering linearizing the switches by removing the click leaves, because i've heard a lot of people like the feel. I just wanted to get some opinions before i take the time to linearize and lube 144 individual switches. What stock switches would you guys compare linearized SKCM whites to?

swampangel

19 Nov 2018, 19:45

Thoughts:

1. I suppose they'd be like Alps SKCL Green/Yellow although I don't know if those had different spring weights.

2. If you're after an incredibly smooth linear Alps experience: https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Chinese-Le ... :rk:1:pf:0

3. You could start with the numpad or Ctrl/Alt/Shift and see if you like the feel before you go whole hog.

4. If you decide to linearize them and would like to sell the click leaves, let me know.

Return to “Keyboards”