Genovation PLUM Ortholinear Keyboard | Need Information

whiffysole

16 Dec 2018, 09:11

Hello everyone, I recently got my hands on one of these Genovation PLUM keyboards that I'm sure you're fairly familiar with. While taking it apart out of curiosity I found these unpopulated pads on the PCB Labled "J1-PRG" and "J5-RESET".
I shorted these two contacts to see what would happen. I presumed that J1 would make it enter a programming mode, similar to DFU mode on a QMK board. This didn't do anything it seems, didn't interrupt key presses either. J5 does exactly what you'd expect. It simply resets the keyboard for about a second.
Does anybody have any information on what this could be? Are they simply left over from other designs? I'd like to hear any information or suggestions people might have for me.
Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_20181214_173618.jpg
IMG_20181214_173618.jpg (4.2 MiB) Viewed 1583 times

ysdlux99

17 Jan 2021, 03:57

Any update on this? Just ordered one and would love to be able to reprogram without having to go thru the trouble of wiring in a Teensy... :oops:

whiffysole

28 Jan 2021, 19:06

Unfortunately not, I never got around to doing anything with this original PCB. Probably just a leftover from manufacturing or something. I'm sure a code wizard could figure out something with this, but that person isn't me.

Return to “Keyboards”