Anyone in Italy? Go rescue those beams man!

lucar

30 Dec 2018, 10:42

matt3o wrote: what Italian mech group?
It's called CCCP (nothing connected to ussr) , it's on Telegram, pm me if You want an invitation link :-)

luca

Mr.Nobody

30 Dec 2018, 13:33

There must be many other similar factories somewhere in Italy or Canada with a lot of beams in good condition waiting to be found and rescued. As far as I know, Canada and Italy had IBM subsidaries in charge of manufacturing Beamsprings.

It's very likely that factories bankrupted in the same period as the one in the video had similar computers and equipment.

So guys, do more urbex when you have time, you may end up with a warehouse of beams someday, who knows.

lucar

30 Dec 2018, 14:09

Mr.Nobody wrote: There must be many other similar factories somewhere in Italy or Canada with a lot of beams in good condition waiting to be found and rescued. As far as I know, Canada and Italy had IBM subsidaries in charge of manufacturing Beamsprings.

It's very likely that factories bankrupted in the same period as the one in the video had similar computers and equipment.

So guys, do more urbex when you have time, you may end up with a warehouse of beams someday, who knows.
Yess, and I actually had the permission to visit one of such places and buy for some bucks a bunch of old keyboards, I made a video of the loot

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Dec 2018, 06:59

Bass

01 Jan 2019, 23:28

Regardless of the fact that they are literally covered in pigeon shit, I do hope these get rescued! Keep us posted, as I and I am sure many others here would be interested in parting them out, even if they are probably corroded to oblivion underneath.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Jan 2019, 11:41

While I'm an urbex enthusiast that usually ask people to keep stuff as-is, I'd definitely vouch for people getting them, here. It's obvious that the owner of this place has no idea on what those are and will eventually trash them. Given their state, it's just as if they were in the dumpster already.

lucar

27 Feb 2019, 07:48

As a follow-up, I report that I contacted local authorities and I also the actual owners of the place: there is no interest in letting anyone enter the site. It's all polluted with asbestos and other chemical agents, nor the place is safe to walk in from the general local building safety rules. I've been reported that someone already went there stealing some parts so maybe there's nothing interesting left.
As interesting as the place might seem, my obligation is to remind here that:

The area is private property , under government control
The place is heavily polluted
Homeless people are all-over inside the area
Entering the site is officially forbidden
If you enter the site You could be accused of property violation
Taking parts of out of the factory could result in the added theft accusation
The area might be under the attention of the authorities because , lately, homeless people living there set the place on fire several times.

That is what I verified.

Our Italian group debated heavily on this matter (we are 53 souls now) and we came to the conclusion that risks are higher than rewards so to speak, so we leave all that to the braves.
Luca

John Doe

27 Feb 2019, 08:15

lucar wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:48
As a follow-up, I report that I contacted local authorities and I also the actual owners of the place: there is no interest in letting anyone enter the site. It's all polluted with asbestos and other chemical agents, nor the place is safe to walk in from the general local building safety rules. I've been reported that someone already went there stealing some parts so maybe there's nothing interesting left.
As interesting as the place might seem, my obligation is to remind here that:

The area is private property , under government control
The place is heavily polluted
Homeless people are all-over inside the area
Entering the site is officially forbidden
If you enter the site You could be accused of property violation
Taking parts of out of the factory could result in the added theft accusation
The area might be under the attention of the authorities because , lately, homeless people living there set the place on fire several times.

That is what I verified.

Our Italian group debated heavily on this matter (we are 53 souls now) and we came to the conclusion that risks are higher than rewards so to speak, so we leave all that to the braves.
Luca
Sad to hear the latest conclusions, but seems better to leave the place what it is currently compared to do something. Finally got an end, thats still good.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Feb 2019, 08:53

that's for checking that for "us" :) Luca! I was pretty sure of that

lucar

27 Feb 2019, 15:23

matt3o wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 08:53
that's for checking that for "us" :) Luca! I was pretty sure of that
You're welcome.

Italy is a strange country, I bet in some other country the authorities would have welcomed a cleaning effort by privates and for free.

The funny part is that I had the phone contacs by a local ecologist group and they were sure NOTHING was left in the factory. They did give me all their help when I sent them the documentation I have.

So , cheers to the ecologists, blames to the authorities.

Luca

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Feb 2019, 15:25

let's go back to overpriced ebay sales :(

AJM

27 Feb 2019, 17:26

As sad as it is, let's be fair. There is no way authorities (in the western world at least) could have reacted differently.

Return to “Keyboards”