Anyone in Italy? Go rescue those beams man!

lucar

Unread post by lucar » 30 Dec 2018, 10:42

matt3o wrote: what Italian mech group?
It's called CCCP (nothing connected to ussr) , it's on Telegram, pm me if You want an invitation link :-)

luca

Mr.Nobody

Unread post by Mr.Nobody » 30 Dec 2018, 13:33

There must be many other similar factories somewhere in Italy or Canada with a lot of beams in good condition waiting to be found and rescued. As far as I know, Canada and Italy had IBM subsidaries in charge of manufacturing Beamsprings.

It's very likely that factories bankrupted in the same period as the one in the video had similar computers and equipment.

So guys, do more urbex when you have time, you may end up with a warehouse of beams someday, who knows.

lucar

Unread post by lucar » 30 Dec 2018, 14:09

Mr.Nobody wrote: There must be many other similar factories somewhere in Italy or Canada with a lot of beams in good condition waiting to be found and rescued. As far as I know, Canada and Italy had IBM subsidaries in charge of manufacturing Beamsprings.

It's very likely that factories bankrupted in the same period as the one in the video had similar computers and equipment.

So guys, do more urbex when you have time, you may end up with a warehouse of beams someday, who knows.
Yess, and I actually had the permission to visit one of such places and buy for some bucks a bunch of old keyboards, I made a video of the loot

Madhias
BS TORPE

Unread post by Madhias » 31 Dec 2018, 06:59

Bass

Unread post by Bass » 01 Jan 2019, 23:28

Regardless of the fact that they are literally covered in pigeon shit, I do hope these get rescued! Keep us posted, as I and I am sure many others here would be interested in parting them out, even if they are probably corroded to oblivion underneath.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

Unread post by ramnes » 02 Jan 2019, 11:41

While I'm an urbex enthusiast that usually ask people to keep stuff as-is, I'd definitely vouch for people getting them, here. It's obvious that the owner of this place has no idea on what those are and will eventually trash them. Given their state, it's just as if they were in the dumpster already.

Return to “Keyboards”