Keyboard repairers - Germany or UK

ShivaYash

12 Jan 2019, 11:14

Dear all,

I'm looking for some help to repair a keyboard. A single MX switch has failed. I've tried cleaning it (with compressed air and electrical contact cleaner) to no joy.

I am based in Berlin but travel to the UK often. Any one here or there able to help me? Any recommendations?

With best wishes,
SY

Fkazim

13 Mar 2019, 11:13

Hi may I ask what is the problem you are having is it with the spring or the slider?

Fkazim

13 Mar 2019, 11:13

is there still a click, is it smooth to go down?

ShivaYash

13 Mar 2019, 11:15

It feels the same as the other working keys... does that pin point the issue?

jani80k

13 Mar 2019, 11:38

Which Keyboard is this?
You could try to disassemble the Case and connect the PCB via USB to a Computer. Then short the contacts with a pair of tweezers. If the keypress registers, all you have to do is to replace the switch.

ShivaYash

13 Mar 2019, 11:46

Leopold FC660M PD. I feel I am not capable of doing this... are you based in Germany?

Fkazim

01 Apr 2019, 14:15

I am based in the UK and can fix ALPS, IBM Buckling springs. Capacitive buckling springs and also cherry although cherry MX are quite finicky.

Hope that helps.

ShivaYash

01 Apr 2019, 14:53

Fkazim wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 14:15
I am based in the UK and can fix ALPS, IBM Buckling springs. Capacitive buckling springs and also cherry although cherry MX are quite finicky.

Hope that helps.
Ah great - where are you based? I would be interested in having a chat.
Ps. I'm a Brit - so English is not an issue ;-)

Fkazim

01 Apr 2019, 15:30

I would like to have some general pictures of the keyboard so I could prepare for the repair plus work out the cost and also what Cherry MX switches u got in your board?

I live in London btw :D

ShivaYash

07 Apr 2019, 13:08

Its the Leopold FC660M PD with Cherry MX Browns - just one key is not working.

Fkazim

07 Apr 2019, 14:14

Sounds good I would either repair the switch by replacing parts of the internal mechanism or by desoldering the switch and putting in a new Cherry MX Brown switch entirely do you have any preferences which way I do it?

Return to “Keyboards”