Question Regarding ChangeMe Tipro Software

Z0MG H4X

24 Jan 2019, 01:19

I am thinking about getting a Tipro FREE qwerty POS keyboard and the website says that the keyboard can only be programmed through rs232 connection. Do converters work for this or could I run ChangeMe in legacy mode to make it work through PS/2 on a 64 bit system running Win10?

Also, are all keys programmable, not just the blank ones?

Lanrefni

24 Jan 2019, 06:48

Not sure about the RS232,but PS/2 only works with 32 bit Windows,and no a VM won't work.,a bootable thumbdrive with Windows 10 installed with WinToUsb will work though.

andrewjoy

24 Jan 2019, 10:59

The PS/2 version only works with none 64 bit systems, VMs don't work but i don't believe anyone has tried testing passing the whole IOMMU group containing the Ps/2 controller to a VM.

USB will be fine.

Never seen a RS232 tipro tho.

Menuhin

24 Jan 2019, 11:59

Z0MG H4X wrote:
I am thinking about getting a Tipro FREE qwerty POS keyboard and the website says that the keyboard can only be programmed through rs232 connection. Do converters work for this or could I run ChangeMe in legacy mode to make it work through PS/2 on a 64 bit system running Win10?

Just profile-checked ... and saw your main keyboard is already a Tipro FREE Qwerty...

Before Tiproman replies, let's see if I am correct:
Theoretically, Tipro PS/2 controllers work with all systems but can only be programmed in a Windows 32-bit system via its proprietary software. Tipro FREE with USB controllers can be programmed in a Windows 64-bit system.
Once programmed it can work in any system.

I think your question came from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13552

You may have to ask the OP and I am also curious about in programming PS/2 Tipro in Windows 64-bit.

Z0MG H4X

25 Jan 2019, 03:16

Menuhin wrote:
Z0MG H4X wrote:

Just profile-checked ... and saw your main keyboard is already a Tipro FREE Qwerty...

Theoretically, Tipro PS/2 controllers work with all systems but can only be programmed in a Windows 32-bit system via its proprietary software. Tipro FREE with USB controllers can be programmed in a Windows 64-bit system.
Once programmed it can work in any system.

I think your question came from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13552

You may have to ask the OP and I am also curious about in programming PS/2 Tipro in Windows 64-bit.
Sorry I thought that was a security question when I created my profile the other day, just updated it. I read on another post that I could just make a separate bootable drive for 32 bit Win10 and just boot up from there whenever I want to program a Tipro through PS/2. Since 32 bit Win10 works perfectly fine I was thinking that running ChangeMe in legacy mode could also work.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Feb 2019, 08:44

Menuhin wrote:
[…]
Once programmed it can work in any system. […]
Correct :mrgreen:
It should also be noted that the computer must have the corresponding socket, as any adapter will prevent identification of the keyboard by the software.

Return to “Keyboards”