Looking for a good keyboard.

Jacobcullen

20 Feb 2019, 16:08

The keyboard needs to be wireless and have back lit free netflix (RGB not required) keys. I'd prefer good battery life but its not required. I don't really tech news care about the switches android 9 I just don't want them to be too loud and obnoxious. Budget also isn't a problem as long as its not $250+ lol.
Last edited by Jacobcullen on 02 Mar 2019, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

swampangel

20 Feb 2019, 16:35

Here's a starting point https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F6B5HY2/ref ... 70_TE_item (cherry browns or clears are the quieter options, but they're not silent by any means)

But if you *really* don't care about the switches, just grab something from Logitech or MS off Amazon that has decent reviews ;)

Hypersphere

20 Feb 2019, 23:41

Jacobcullen wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 16:08
The keyboard needs to be wireless and have back lit (RGB not required) keys. I'd prefer good battery life but its not required. I don't really care about the switches I just don't want them to be too loud and obnoxious. Budget also isn't a problem as long as its not $250+ lol.
Welcome to Deskthority (DT)!

Around here, we tend to care about the switches!

Many of us also don't prefer backlit keyboards, preferring instead keycaps that look good in ambient light and feel good to type on (such as Topre or IBM dye-sublimated PBT keycaps).

Wired vs wireless -- you will find here quite a few people who like the wireless option, sometimes modifying existing wired keyboards to give them bluetooth functionality.

As for me, I have only one backlit keyboard -- the one built into my Macbook Air computer. Otherwise, among contemporary keyboards, I favor the HHKB Pro 2 and Realforce R2 TKL PFU Edition keyboards -- these have Topre 45g switches. Most of my other keyboards are vintage, including IBM Model M and Model F and various Alps-switch boards that I refurbish and convert to USB.

Sorry I don't have recommendations in mind that fit your specifications. If you really don't care about the switches and want backlighting and wireless, I would second the suggestions that swampangel gave you.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Feb 2019, 00:09

what kind of layout are you after.

The NIZ Atom66 comes with a wireless version too.

Return to “Keyboards”