Is the IBM Wheelwriter badge same size as the keyboard badge?

Wazrach

23 Feb 2019, 16:40

Hi guys, I have an IBM 5155 Model F here that would look sick with a black metal badge like on the industrial models. It would be fitting, as the grey plastic insert makes it look like one. :P

Will the pretty black metal badge on an IBM Wheelwriter fit in the badge recess of my keyboard? Just want to know before I buy one, if I ever get a good deal.

This is a great alternative to the Model F XT if you don't like its harsh, high-pitched sound. This one has an aluminium barrel frame and backplate to keep the weight down, which gives it a different sound. It's noticeably clackier.

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Feb 2019, 17:41

The badges on the Wheelwriter typewriters that I have had have been entirely different, but that is not to say that there may not be some that fit.

Wazrach

23 Feb 2019, 20:22

I appreciate your reply, thanks! I'll not risk it then. Pity, as I think this keyboard would look even more gorgeous with a black metal badge..

PlacaFromHell

23 Feb 2019, 23:22

I have a black Selectric badge in my model F XT. It's just a little bit smaller, but fits really well.

Wazrach

24 Feb 2019, 11:53

:o Could I please see?

sh1

24 Feb 2019, 19:56

BTW...Does anybody know if the silver badge on the 2nd PC Jr. keyboard is the same size as the one on the XT and AT?

PlacaFromHell

24 Feb 2019, 20:31

:D

Wazrach

24 Feb 2019, 22:56

It's really hard to see in the photo, but what is around the badge? Is that the uncoloured plastic underneath? That badge is very pretty.

PlacaFromHell

24 Feb 2019, 23:04

Just epoxi putty. I was going to paint it with something but the PCB is half dead. I will use the guts for some other thing and there is no reason to finish it.

Return to “Keyboards”