Rant about Leeku MX1800 L3 pcb

derzemel

30 Mar 2019, 10:04

I have a tx1800 v1 with a Leeku 1800 L3 pcb and it has been killing rgb leds at a rate of 1 or 2 every 2-3 months (depending on how much I use the keyboard).

I also made a post in 2017 regarding the issue, when I also changed the RGB controller chips

I think the Leeku does not have a "computer power on protection" (is this a thing?). Each time I power up the computer, the keyboard, which is connected, lights up the RGB leds for a split second (even if the RGB is set as off), then it lights up again, for split second (RGB is set as off) when the computer is booted up completely. Of course, before shutting off the computer, all was working perfectly, but after the boot up, 1 or 2 leds are dead

Until now I have changed all the RGB LEDs (1 or 2 at a time) at least once. Some of them twice.

Looking for solutions, it seems that a lot of people have a lot if issues with the Leeku PCBs. If I would have known that before jumping in, I would have stayed really far away from his PCBs.

I also have a older Leeku (the red one with ALPS support) that has been working flawlessly since 2015 (except one time when I botched up updating the firmware). So I am really torn on this issue

I will try change all the RGB leds on it, all at once, to see if that fixes anything, or I will remove the acrylic spacer and call it a day.

equalunique

14 May 2019, 23:16

I'm not sure what other problems that PCB might have, but one of it's wonderful features is support for a variety of split-spacebar layouts. I would really like to find a similar ps2avr(U/GB) board, or some open source reference design that I could use to create one.

Delirious

15 May 2019, 05:56

Return to “Keyboards”