Flaretech switches plate swap

mannoso

30 Mar 2019, 19:00

Does anyone know if it is possible to mount Flaretech switches on a standard plate made for Cherry switches?

Findecanor

30 Mar 2019, 19:33

It is not. To restrict switch orientation, the switch housings have a knob that goes into an additional notch in the plate's mounting hole.
wiki/File:WootingOneNotch.jpg

Edit: I measured. Other than the notch, the holes are 14.0×14.0 mm, with plate surface 5 mm over the PCB. So, a universal plate for Cherry MX and Flaretech would be possible, and you would be able to mod a Cherry MX plate for Flaretech by filing notches: 3mm wide 2/3 mm deep.
May I ask why?

mannoso

30 Mar 2019, 20:17

Findecanor wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 19:33
It is not. To restrict switch orientation, the switch housings have a knob that goes into an additional notch in the plate's mounting hole.
wiki/File:WootingOneNotch.jpg

Edit: I measured. Other than the notch, the holes are 14.0×14.0 mm, with plate surface 5 mm over the PCB. So, a universal plate for Cherry MX and Flaretech would be possible, and you would be able to mod a Cherry MX plate for Flaretech by filing notches: 3mm wide 2/3 mm deep.
May I ask why?
Thanks for the reply. I'm not a big fan of the floating keys design of the Wooting one keyboard, so I would have placed switches and pcb in a tkl Cooler Master case,

Return to “Keyboards”