Is there any kind of Macintosh Plus-like modern keycaps?

PlacaFromHell

20 Apr 2019, 01:47

Hello guys. A friend found an old adding machine with Mitsumi switches. He instantly remembered my M110A keyboard and now we are thinking aboult building a sort of MacCharlie.

Does anyone know any source of M110-like keycaps to work with?

zrrion

20 Apr 2019, 01:58

That looks like it might be SKCC Grey, not mitsumi. Its hard to tell, since the wiki doesn't have pictures, but the slider is a dead ringer for SKCC

PlacaFromHell

20 Apr 2019, 02:18

Cool, thanks :D . Anyway I'll need the keycaps.

the_ambyguous

22 Apr 2019, 05:58

PlacaFromHell wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 01:47
Hello guys. A friend found an old adding machine with Mitsumi switches. He instantly remembered my M110A keyboard and now we are thinking aboult building a sort of MacCharlie.

Does anyone know any source of M110-like keycaps to work with?
yes, M0110's

in all seriousness, youre not going to find SKCC caps at a reasonable price for a build like that. one good source would be the IBM pingmaster. it has SKCC greens. a couple TRS80's had skcc creams. but buying full boards for their keycaps to use on older switches doesnt really make sense. you could make a SKCC green build and use m0110 caps along with the pingmasters. but its not a very common switch, so it may be cost prohibitive

PlacaFromHell

22 Apr 2019, 09:44

With M110-like I mean similar looking keycaps, not just compatible. I think I will use some keycaps from my Televideo TS803 until I finish my other project which involves that keyboad.

Return to “Keyboards”