'93 Alps Switch Catalog

lsoelxi

22 Apr 2019, 07:49

A few weeks ago, I found an electronics store that had been supplying Alps swtich for a long time.

I was able to find a large amount of Alps SKCM White.

I sold the switch without margin to supply Alps White to many people.

And rented and scanned the catalog of the alps switch that was made in 1993.

Image

I will release it today. (Maybe it will be delayed. Sorry.)

But, need some more time.

The scanned image looks much darker than it actually is

I am currently modifying this.

release the sample here.
Precise scanning was done to prevent damage to the original.

Image
Image
Image


DL : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16iIS2u ... sp=sharing



mirror : http://lsoelxi.codns.com:8888/%2793%20alps.pdf



MD5 : B1B864746F769433EE8C3B183E64DBCF



There is a delay in creating a pdf file with improved scan quality.
Last edited by lsoelxi on 28 Apr 2019, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chyros

22 Apr 2019, 13:44

How I'm managing to prevent myself from drooling at the sight of all this is quite beyond me :D .

bujorc

22 Apr 2019, 14:11

lsoelxi wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 07:49
A few weeks ago, I found an electronics store that had been supplying Alps swtich for a long time.

I was able to find a large amount of Alps SKCM White.

I sold the switch without margin to supply Alps White to many people.
I’m certain that everyone here is super grateful for what you’re doing for the community! Thanks a lot!

User avatar
ZedTheMan

22 Apr 2019, 23:05

I excitedly await the full release of the scans for this!

Thank you so much for holding the Group Buy and for this here scanning.

Menuhin

23 Apr 2019, 10:44

My mouth watered and I was indeed swallowing when I look up the table above..!

User avatar
snuci
Vintage computer guy

23 Apr 2019, 11:34

lsoelxi wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 07:49

And rented and scanned the catalog of the alps switch that was made in 1993.

I will release it today. (Maybe it will be delayed. Sorry.)

But, need some more time.

The scanned image looks much darker than it actually is

I am currently modifying this.
Hi Isoelxi,

If you need help in creating a single PDF document of the catalog, PM me and I can put the scans in PDF format.

lsoelxi

23 Apr 2019, 13:53

snuci wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 11:34
lsoelxi wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 07:49

And rented and scanned the catalog of the alps switch that was made in 1993.

I will release it today. (Maybe it will be delayed. Sorry.)

But, need some more time.

The scanned image looks much darker than it actually is

I am currently modifying this.
Hi Isoelxi,

If you need help in creating a single PDF document of the catalog, PM me and I can put the scans in PDF format.
I ordered a special scan vendor. They will send me the completed file to me soon. I paid all the expenses.

lsoelxi

28 Apr 2019, 01:46

DL : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16iIS2u ... sp=sharing



mirror : http://lsoelxi.codns.com:8888/%2793%20alps.pdf



MD5 : B1B864746F769433EE8C3B183E64DBCF



There is a delay in creating a pdf file with improved scan quality.

xxhellfirexx

28 Apr 2019, 05:42

Pages 4 and 5 are duplicated.

User avatar
Chyros

28 Apr 2019, 18:00

YESSS! That is extremely lovely, thank you! :D

User avatar
Chyros

28 Apr 2019, 18:11

Wow, looks like Sandy was right all along; "SK" stands for "single key"! And the letters after that are, as suspected, the contact assembly.

EDIT: And the extra F in keyboard assemblies is apparently keyboard, full. And the extra letters after that are indeed the contact and variety codes, as assumed.

User avatar
snuci
Vintage computer guy

28 Apr 2019, 18:29

Isoeixi,

This is great. I hope you don't mind but I took a copy, compressed it and added searching capability. You can find it here if you want a copy: http://vintagecomputer.ca/files/Alps%20 ... talog.pdf If you prefer I not host this, I will remove it.

lsoelxi

29 Apr 2019, 09:21

snuci wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 18:29
Isoeixi,

This is great. I hope you don't mind but I took a copy, compressed it and added searching capability. You can find it here if you want a copy: http://vintagecomputer.ca/files/Alps%20 ... talog.pdf If you prefer I not host this, I will remove it.
thank you. I did not think I could do this!

You can use the distributed pdf freely. You are free to modify or deploy. I have a hard time keeping the mirror in case the download number of Google drives is limited.

I'll put this file on my Google Drive.

User avatar
hasu

29 Apr 2019, 12:19

This is really great work! Thanks a lot, lsoelxi and snuci.

Aran.E99

29 Apr 2019, 20:19

Wow, this is really cool. Thanks!

I really like the exploded diagram of the SKCM switch:
SKCM.PNG
SKCM.PNG (669.14 KiB) Viewed 650 times
"COILD SPRING" must've been a typo/bad translation, right? :lol:

User avatar
Chyros

29 Apr 2019, 22:00

It's not a typo I think, it's in several places in the catalog.

I like the terminology though. I guess instead of "switchplate" they called it "contact sub assembly", which doesn't sound quite as good IMO xD .

Aran.E99

29 Apr 2019, 22:31

The terminology is definitely interesting - it's really nice to see all of their internal names for parts, especially the product numbering system. I'd really like to see some catalogs from different years and see how they compare.

Rauha

29 Apr 2019, 22:32

" LEAF SPRING
(FOR FEELING) "





Oh yes.

User avatar
zrrion

30 Apr 2019, 00:39

I would be super interested in prints/shirts of the exploded switch, ngl

Aran.E99

30 Apr 2019, 00:54

Me too, I'm considering trying to clean the image up a bit so I can use it as my background however there are surely some better quality versions somewhere.

Aran.E99

30 Apr 2019, 11:49

This is about as far as I have got today:
SKCMCLEAN.png
SKCMCLEAN.png (301.4 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Some stuff needs attention such as the lines which are very thin at this point so I will try to work on that later today.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”