Found an IBM M15 with Numpad in a Dumpster

litster

25 Apr 2019, 21:16

Haven't been posting much here. But...

We do office moves at work often. When we do we put out dumpsters for us to recycle old hardware. I walked by one this morning, and I saw a numpad and thought "this looks interesting..." I picked it up and it looked like a M15 numpad, and I thought "no way!" Then I dug deeper, and I found a full IBM M15 keyboard.

It is super filthy. I tested it and all keys are working. There are no cracks on the ball joint. Keyboard has all the rubber feet. The numpad is missing two rubber feet on the folded up legs which are not important. Cables are dirty but in good shape, no tear.

Will need to spend some time to clean it up. I have never taken apart my first M15. I will have to look it up before I do.

Full gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/rrZqCAg

depletedvespene

25 Apr 2019, 21:19

Color me envious. Congratulations! Be sure to share with us the "after" pictures.

Myoth

25 Apr 2019, 21:20

holy shit, what a fucking find !

Wazrach

25 Apr 2019, 21:36

Nice find! I don't like ergo keyboards, but I like the deep ping of the M15. ;) I wonder why they all have that.

JP!

25 Apr 2019, 21:43

Nice!!! I think that accessory numpad is harder to find than the keyboard itself.

litster

25 Apr 2019, 21:52

JP! wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 21:43
Nice!!! I think that accessory numpad is harder to find than the keyboard itself.
That is correct. Once I bought an M15 numpad on eBay for $200. Very rarely you can find the M15 numpad on eBay or anywhere else.

Menuhin

25 Apr 2019, 23:21

This hobby drives eventually all we (supposedly) decent people into the dumpsters and the recycling centres to go through the trash...
:mrgreen:

What a score!

litster

26 Apr 2019, 00:31

BTW, does anyone know where I can find pictures of an opened-up M15? Want to ensure I open it to clean it as safe as possible. It is not like the M2 where you open it up and everything inside explodes, is it?

Chyros

26 Apr 2019, 10:30

Wow, that's a fairly incredible find Oo . Congrats mate!

Lbibass

26 Apr 2019, 16:08

litster wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 21:16
Haven't been posting much here. But...

We do office moves at work often. When we do we put out dumpsters for us to recycle old hardware. I walked by one this morning, and I saw a numpad and thought "this looks interesting..." I picked it up and it looked like a M15 numpad, and I thought "no way!" Then I dug deeper, and I found a full IBM M15 keyboard.

It is super filthy. I tested it and all keys are working. There are no cracks on the ball joint. Keyboard has all the rubber feet. The numpad is missing two rubber feet on the folded up legs which are not important. Cables are dirty but in good shape, no tear.

Will need to spend some time to clean it up. I have never taken apart my first M15. I will have to look it up before I do.

Full gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/rrZqCAg

Holy cow. Fantastic find. You weren't kidding when you said it was dirty... Looks amazing. Fantastic condition, other than the dirt.

Return to “Keyboards”