Where do you guys store your keyboards?

paddle0

12 Jul 2020, 17:49

Repurposing a bakery cooling rack is a great idea… did you have it shipped?

I built shelving out of wood. The shelves consist of two flat boards (each subdivided from a single long board) glued together along their long axis. L-brackets connect the shelves to four vertical 2×2's.
keyboard shelf.jpg
keyboard shelf.jpg (321.44 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
Working well, but in retrospect I wish they were wide enough to accommodate two full-sized keyboards.

clickykeyboards

12 Jul 2020, 21:38

Commercial Kitchen 20 Sheet Bun Pan Bakery Rack.

https://www.ebay.com/p/714928588?iid=371333309900

$155 with free shipping

Commercial-grade hardware made of aluminum. 70-inch tall rack is on wheels for easy moving around the workshop. Each level is exactly 3-inches tall.

You can choose if you want to use plywood shelves, wire shelving, or 26"x18" bakery/cookie sheet pans.

There also exist 10-layer bakery racks which could also be useful for keeping keyboards on top of a desk or table versus a full-standing 20-layer rack.

ayehavgunne

13 Jul 2020, 05:26

2 IKEA KALLAX shelves with a bunch of cheap metal file sorters and even that isn't enough :lol:. I've added about 15 more boards to my collection since this pic was taken. Plus those are just my vintage boards.

Could really use some organization.

funkmon

13 Jul 2020, 07:56

Oh man you're living the dream over there! What keyboards do you have?

Chyros

13 Jul 2020, 14:05

Lovely :D . I use Kallax cupboards as well for my collection ^^ .

Scarpia

13 Jul 2020, 21:22

dcopellino wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 10:00
It is a pity to keep them closed in their postal boxes. I think you have enough room in that corner to set a Ikea BESTA up as I made with mines. What do you think of my Ikea low cost solution? Consider anyway that I slightly modded it adding some extra shelves, some of them were also further modded with the addition of a couple of sliding guides on both sides. It was very easy to arrange. The led light strip then, is the "peasant" note that puts the icing on the cake. :lol:
I love that! I’m getting a setup just like it!

funkmon

14 Jul 2020, 00:53

One of the reasons I keep mine closed in boxes is to keep the dust off of them. I'm worried enough about my Alps boards before cleaning off a fucking foot of dusk if I don't get to my Focus in the next year.

ayehavgunne

14 Jul 2020, 01:31

Scarpia wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 21:22
dcopellino wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 10:00
It is a pity to keep them closed in their postal boxes. I think you have enough room in that corner to set a Ikea BESTA up as I made with mines. What do you think of my Ikea low cost solution? Consider anyway that I slightly modded it adding some extra shelves, some of them were also further modded with the addition of a couple of sliding guides on both sides. It was very easy to arrange. The led light strip then, is the "peasant" note that puts the icing on the cake. :lol:
I love that! I’m getting a setup just like it!
I am too. Just the right balance of storage capacity and presentation.

ppCircle

01 Sep 2020, 16:08

In the most ordinary cardboard boxes

Inxie

01 Sep 2020, 16:19

My closet. It's the only place I got. But I'm honestly on my forever keyboard I think now, my Model F XT.

Return to “Keyboards”