S.O.S. Beamspring Key Help

Weezer

03 Sep 2019, 03:33

Hi all, today I ask for a big favor. A little while ago I purchased my first beamspring. Unfortunately during shipping one of the 3U keys was smashed at the base of the key and at the stabilizer wire. The white plastic that broke off crumbled apart into multiple crumb sized pieces so I cannot glue it back together and I don't want to risk ruining the key further by trying to rig something together without knowing what I'm doing. Would anyone be able to give me some advice for this key or would anyone have the skill necessary to fix it? Conversely would anyone happen to have an extra Field + key lying around that I could use as a replacement? I'd be willing to pay for either option. Thanks in advance and I'm grateful for any advice or help.
Image Image

E3E

03 Sep 2019, 09:42

Weezer wrote:
Hi all, today I ask for a big favor. A little while ago I purchased my first beamspring. Unfortunately during shipping one of the 3U keys was smashed at the base of the key and at the stabilizer wire. The white plastic that broke off crumbled apart into multiple crumb sized pieces so I cannot glue it back together and I don't want to risk ruining the key further by trying to rig something together without knowing what I'm doing. Would anyone be able to give me some advice for this key or would anyone have the skill necessary to fix it? Conversely would anyone happen to have an extra Field + key lying around that I could use as a replacement? I'd be willing to pay for either option. Thanks in advance and I'm grateful for any advice or help.
Image Image
I've done a lot of plastic repair both for cosmetic value and for functionality. I could potentially help you here, but I'd need a beamspring keyswitch to test the mounting as I have let go of all my own beamspring keyboards.

I could eyeball it, but having a keyswitch to test would ensure that it's going to get back to you and not give you any problems.

Weezer

03 Sep 2019, 18:54

Spoiler:
E3E wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 09:42
Weezer wrote:
Image Image
I've done a lot of plastic repair both for cosmetic value and for functionality. I could potentially help you here, but I'd need a beamspring keyswitch to test the mounting as I have let go of all my own beamspring keyboards.

I could eyeball it, but having a keyswitch to test would ensure that it's going to get back to you and not give you any problems.
That would be amazing thank you. I'll send you a PM.

Return to “Keyboards”