Typing Demo XL - Razer Mecha-membrane (Razer Ornata)

Chyros

22 Oct 2019, 23:27

As requested, a TDXL of my Razer Ornata with mecha-membrane switches. I had forgotten what a pathetic piece of rubber crap this thing is xD . Comments on the sound appear to be rather polarised though! Hope you enjoy the video :) .

Elrick

23 Oct 2019, 03:01

I'm afraid the only cure for any Razer Labelled Keyboard today, is to take it out on your steel balustrade and bash the keyboard continuously until it breaks down into smaller pieces and drops everywhere below, onto your driveway.

So that later with utter contempt, you could drive over the remaining pieces further crushing them so that it can never harm anyone in the future.

You should know by now Chyros, everything that Company makes is 100% GARBAGE on every level.

Wazrach

23 Oct 2019, 19:55

Elrick wrote:
I'm afraid the only cure for any Razer Labelled Keyboard today, is to take it out on your steel balustrade and bash the keyboard continuously until it breaks down into smaller pieces and drops everywhere below, onto your driveway.

So that later with utter contempt, you could drive over the remaining pieces further crushing them so that it can never harm anyone in the future.

You should know by now Chyros, everything that Company makes is 100% GARBAGE on every level.
Yes, they put out plenty of marketing bullshit and their products have often been reported to malfunction, but I believe they deserve a bit of slack. The new Huntsman TE keyboard and Viper mouse are clearly what people have been asking for. I just hope they stop trying to appeal to gamers. I'd like to try the Huntsman TE, but they've made the linear optical switches even more responsive than MX Speeds... just... why? I also really don't like this "minimalist" portable nonsense. I can at least say, having owned a Blackwidow V1, it was rather rugged for a modern keyboard. The V2 is supposed to be heavier.

Anyway, while Razer definitely has a lot of work to do, it's clear they have listened to customers - unlike Corsair and their vomit-worthy keycap font and stabilisers. You have to give them that.

Findecanor

23 Oct 2019, 21:31

The optoelectronic switches in the Huntsman are most likely Bloody LK Libra, which is the third-generation "Light Strike" switches.
Bloody/A4Tech also makes their own keyboards with them, so you won't need to buy Razer to get them.

Wazrach

23 Oct 2019, 21:51

Findecanor wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 21:31
The optoelectronic switches in the Huntsman are most likely Bloody LK Libra, which is the third-generation "Light Strike" switches.
Bloody/A4Tech also makes their own keyboards with them, so you won't need to buy Razer to get them.
I suppose it's a matter of taste. I much prefer the styling of the Razer, although I actually prefer the Blackwidow X design over the new Huntsman one. I know it's a bit showy and edgy, but I really like the bezels.

Chyros

24 Oct 2019, 08:23

Wazrach wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 19:55
Elrick wrote:

Yes, they put out plenty of marketing bullshit and their products have often been reported to malfunction, but I believe they deserve a bit of slack. The new Huntsman TE keyboard and Viper mouse are clearly what people have been asking for. I just hope they stop trying to appeal to gamers. I'd like to try the Huntsman TE, but they've made the linear optical switches even more responsive than MX Speeds... just... why? I also really don't like this "minimalist" portable nonsense. I can at least say, having owned a Blackwidow V1, it was rather rugged for a modern keyboard. The V2 is supposed to be heavier.

Anyway, while Razer definitely has a lot of work to do, it's clear they have listened to customers - unlike Corsair and their vomit-worthy keycap font and stabilisers. You have to give them that.
I have their Huntsman TE keyboard, it's scheduled*** for late Nov/early Dec atm. It's a very interesting board, with very distinct pros and cons. I think you'll both find the review very interesting :) .

Return to “Keyboards”