Maxi-Pro II keyboard by maxi switch

ntv242

07 Dec 2019, 19:47

Hey gang,

Out on the used market and saw this. A quick search on the net does not tell me anything except that Maxi switch company no longer exist and there is one post asking about reprogramming the keyboard on a CAD forum.

So i grabbed it anyway. At least I would be able to contribute st to the wiki, and in the future when someone encounters this they would know what they get into.

On the way home atm so just a quick snap at this, will update this more when get home.

Update:
This keyboard is actually huge!! Look at this compaing to my Dell 101, which is quite big already. So it seems like every since I sold that shi**y Otemu switch TKL keyboard to pursuit the right way of the keyboard, I just keep getting bigger and bigger kb. I soon need a new table.
Spoiler:
It is dome with slider keyboard, or Maxi switch if you will. Very nice keycaps though, and seems to be cherry profile. I slapped one on my g80-3000 and it fits but I have not tried anything further.
Spoiler:
Some other interesting things, which are the results of getting a NIB keyboard
Spoiler:
Look at this ancient alien technology!
Guide to change the plunger and the keycap
Good thing that i get from this board is the keycaps to replace the german ones on my cherry. Not bad. And I think I will go over to wiki to make a contribution regarding this. Cheers!
Last edited by ntv242 on 10 Dec 2019, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Darkshado

09 Dec 2019, 00:54

So it was in Dvorak layout when you got it? Interesting

ntv242

09 Dec 2019, 09:32

Darkshado wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 00:54
So it was in Dvorak layout when you got it? Interesting
Yes, which is a little odd because the keys are definitely in a cherry-like profile for a querty design.

MDicnMan

25 Jun 2020, 23:05

Do you happen to have a programming manual for the Maxi-Pro? Or just instructions you can share?

edlee

26 Jun 2020, 06:39

The instructions for the Maxi-Pro II keyboard should be the same as for the Gateway AnyKey keyboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_anykey

ntv242

26 Jun 2020, 10:31

MDicnMan wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 23:05
Do you happen to have a programming manual for the Maxi-Pro? Or just instructions you can share?
Yes same as what edlee said and also here a video of Thomas aka chyrosran demonstrating how to do macro with this board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CM4ejSdbHc

Return to “Keyboards”