Maxi-Pro II keyboard by maxi switch

Darkshado

09 Dec 2019, 00:54

So it was in Dvorak layout when you got it? Interesting

MDicnMan

25 Jun 2020, 23:05

Do you happen to have a programming manual for the Maxi-Pro? Or just instructions you can share?

edlee

26 Jun 2020, 06:39

The instructions for the Maxi-Pro II keyboard should be the same as for the Gateway AnyKey keyboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_anykey

edlee

01 Dec 2021, 06:16

I recently purchased a Pro KEY 124 keyboard made by Maxi Switch, Inc. The Pro KEY 124 keyboard has a Field key and a Delay key in the upper left corner of the keyboard like the Maxi-Pro II keyboard. Gateway AnyKey keyboards have an F11 and F12 key in the same corresponding key positions. I learned through experimentation that the Field key allows you to insert a data entry field in the middle of a macro definition. When a macro is played back, the keyboard will pause at any point where the Field key was pressed to allow you to enter variable information, such as the name of a person. When you are done entering the information, you press the Field key to terminate data entry, and the macro will continue to play back the rest of the macro recording of the key presses. The Delay key allows you to insert 0.5 second pauses into a macro definition. When you record a macro, you can press the Pause key followed by one or more presses of the Delay key. Each press of the Delay key will insert a 0.5 second delay. An odd thing about the Delay key is that if you press any other key than the Pause key before pressing the Delay key, then that previous key will be repeated one or more times depending on how many times you press the Delay key. I can't imagine an application for this behavior.

So, for example, you can press:

[Program Macro][F1]Dear [Field]:[Enter][Enter]I regret to inform you that your loan application has been denied.[Program Macro]

Do not actually press the square brackets. Ignore the square brackets. The square brackets are being used here to enclose the keys you have to press. When you press the [F1] key, the Pro KEY 124 keyboard, and probably the Maxi-Pro II keyboard, will play back:

Dear

and pause to let you enter the variable [Field] information such as, "Mr. Smith". The Program light will blink as the keyboard waits for your data entry. You terminate data entry by pressing the [Field] key, and the macro recording will continue to play back:

Dear Mr. Smith:

I regret to inform you that your loan application has been denied.

I suppose you could use the [Delay] key to insert a pause for something like saving a file and exiting the program:

[Program Macro][F2][Alt]FS[Pause][Delay][Delay][Delay][Alt]FX[Program Macro]

Pressing the [F2] key will press [Alt] F to open the file menu in some Windows programs. The S will select the Save menu option. The [Pause][Delay][Delay][Delay] sequence will pause for 1.5 seconds to let the file save. The [Alt] F will open the file menu again. The X will select the eXit menu option. This is just an example of how to use the [Delay] key. I wouldn't program a macro to save and exit this way. I have a Soarer's converter macro to press [Alt]FX[Enter] to exit and then save the file.

You can erase a macro by pressing [Program Macro] followed by the macro key followed by [Program Macro] to define the macro as nothing.

You can remap a key with the opposite syntax of a macro definition where you press [Remap], press the source key, and press the destination key to clone the source key's unremapped definition. While the Remap mode is active, you can define multiple pairs of key remaps this way. You press the [Remap] key when you are finished.

You can press [Ctrl][Suspend Macro] to toggle macros on and off. Key remaps will still be active whether or not macros are suspended.

You can hold down the [Suspend Macro] key as you plug the keyboard into a powered port to erase the keyboard remaps and macros. You can also press [Ctrl][Alt][Suspend Macro] to erase all keyboard remaps and macros while the keyboard is plugged into a powered port.

The key between both sets of Ctrl and Alt keys do not return a scan code on my Pro Key 124 keyboard, so I remapped the right Alt key to each of the keys between the Ctrl and Alt keys with the keyboard's built-in remap capability and then remapped the right Alt key to be the left Windows key with Soarer's converter to turn the keys between the Ctrl and Alt keys into Windows keys.

Return to “Keyboards”