Who knows about this switch?


18 Feb 2020, 05:12

This key switch is in the keyboard named Wal1 from Oak Switch Systems.
It seems similar to the buckling spring switch but the feel is definitely linear.
Do you know which switch it is? I can't find any information.
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 1.10.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 1.10.38 PM.png (536.23 KiB) Viewed 442 times
1.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 442 times


18 Feb 2020, 05:42

These are Oak Full Travel Membrane switches, meaning that, like the Model M, they use a membrane sheet underneath the keys, instead of a PCB. I've always been interested in trying these out- how are they, I assume not too great? The wiki has a little write-up on them: wiki/Oak_Full-Travel_Membrane

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”