Looking for dot style keycaps for reference.

PlacaFromHell

20 Feb 2020, 22:17

Hello again, guys. Today I'm looking for some of the obscure Olympia or Nixdorf style keycaps, the sharp edged ones with dot-like set-offed tops. Two pictures can explain it much better:

"Why?" May you ask. Well, I'm designing a keycap family and I liked this kind of style a lot more than the classic spherical keycaps, but they are just a few examples to work with. I currently lack of a scupted profile reference because both types of keycaps use flat profiles. Anyone know any other examples that can guide me? Is there a problem if for example I only copy the curvature of the MT3 ones? Also any kind of height meassurement will be appreciated.

Aetasserenus

28 Feb 2020, 12:48

I chanced upon this thread and decided to register since I own an old Swedish electronic calculator with similar keycaps. Not sure how relevant these are to you but here is an image.

iosonoformaggio

02 Mar 2020, 23:32

RAMA grid keycaps seem to fit the bill

https://ramaworks.store/products/grid-set-a

But they are low profile. I don't think there are any high profile keycaps in production that have dotted tops unless you harvest them from a Nixdorf or an Olympia.

PlacaFromHell

03 Mar 2020, 00:50

Aetasserenus wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 12:48
I chanced upon this thread and decided to register since I own an old Swedish electronic calculator with similar keycaps. Not sure how relevant these are to you but here is an image.

Sorry, I didn't saw your picture. They are low profile and flat and I'm looking for medium to high sculpted keycaps, but is still appreciated.
iosonoformaggio wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 23:32
RAMA grid keycaps seem to fit the bill

https://ramaworks.store/products/grid-set-a

But they are low profile. I don't think there are any high profile keycaps in production that have dotted tops unless you harvest them from a Nixdorf or an Olympia.
They are more rounded than my later design and very low profile, but I kinda like it. I may go with just steal a keycap family and modify it.

zrrion

03 Mar 2020, 01:16

honestly a sculpted grid-like cap would be interesting.

Return to “Keyboards”