Anyone know of a good scissor switch keyboard besides the Logitech k740?

finacoles2

28 Feb 2020, 14:17

Was wondering because i currently have a gaming membrane keyboard, and i'd love to have a scissor switch keyboard that's capable for gaming. In my experience, scissor switches seem quieter than membrane. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: this is clearly a spam post as there was hidden links in the post. User has been banned and links removed however topic is a valid one so will leave up for now
Last edited by finacoles2 on 01 Mar 2020, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

sharktastica

28 Feb 2020, 14:56

An example that comes to mind is the Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard (KU-1255). Low-travel, nice tactility, fairly quiet, and feels fast.

Also, as an FYI most (if not all) scissor-switch keyboards are membrane driven and thus subject to the same general limitations. Membranes are a type of layered circuit sensing element, and the scissors are a mechanism that stabilises small rubber domes (the smallness being the reason they're quieter) that sit on top.

Spearra

03 Mar 2020, 21:26

The Perixx PX 1900 is a gaming scissor switch keyboard that isn't built like a wet newspaper roll unlike most scissor switch keyboards.

It's membrane matrix is optimised so the keys don't screw up in a gaming session. I use mine occasionally for a rhythm game that uses 9 keys, sometimes simultaneously if that's any indication.

Hands down one of the best scissor switch keyboards I've ever used period.

HungerMechanic

04 Mar 2020, 02:12

Perixx told me last year that they are working on an 'office' version of that keyboard that has appropriate aesthetics. I hope that they do release something like that. I'd like a serious scissor-switch keyboard.

The Logitech K740 had a good reputation, but if you look at more recent Amazon.com reviews, it seems that it rolls over a smaller number of keys now, and other cheapening measures have been applied. Too bad, really, as I could have been happy with the better-built PerfectStroke keyboards of an earlier era.

Riverman

04 Mar 2020, 20:41

I really liked some of Logitech's PerfectStroke keyboards before I got back into mechanicals. I had a couple of DiNovo keyboards, the Mac version and the "for Notebooks" version, which were identical full-sized keyboards. They had a great snap to the keys, and they were very quiet. I used one in my office for a few years. The corded illuminated keyboard was also a PerfectStroke keyboard with a very similar feel, but the cordless version didn't feel nearly as nice. Logitech also says that the MX Keys is a PerfectStroke keyboard. I've yet to see one in a store so I can try one out, though. My only beef with all of those is that eventually the legends on the keys wear out, and it's nearly impossible to get replacements.

Findecanor

04 Mar 2020, 22:17

Riverman wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 20:41
Logitech also says that the MX Keys is a PerfectStroke keyboard.
The Logitech Craft and MX Keys have low key travel. Not comparable to the DiNovos and K740 at all.

abrahamstechnology

05 Mar 2020, 18:16

The best scissor keyboard I tried is from an old Dell laptop (it has METAL scissors instead of plastic, I can make a post if interested)
Likely not useful to you unless you want to use a Pentium III lol.

snarfangel

06 Mar 2020, 10:35

abrahamstechnology wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 18:16
The best scissor keyboard I tried is from an old Dell laptop (it has METAL scissors instead of plastic, I can make a post if interested)
Likely not useful to you unless you want to use a Pentium III lol.
The one on my wife's old Dell Studio 1537 (Model PP33L) has the best feel of any laptop I've tried. It looks like the Manufacturer part/Dell part number is KR766.

It may be a Darfon (Chinese company) NSK-DC101.

Return to “Keyboards”