Deleted

E3E

16 Mar 2020, 05:16

I've got one of these sets. It's doubleshot ABS, not PBT.

orihalcon

16 Mar 2020, 05:18

Do you know for sure that they are doubleshot PBT? I think there’s like an acetone test that would maybe tell you?

orihalcon

16 Mar 2020, 05:22

Honestly, not sure I know of any vintage doubleshot PBT caps. Then again, I’m no expert on keycap materials.

There are a lot of vintage doubleshots that don’t yellow, but I think they were mostly made before bromine was added as a flame retardant to the ABS or something from what I recall.

E3E

16 Mar 2020, 05:56

Here are mine. Grainy/texturing isn't really the best way to figure it out, but yes the non-shined caps are textured but then so are ABS caps that haven't been worn.

E3E

16 Mar 2020, 11:16

ntv242 wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 09:43
Friend of mine just paid $300 last year for an old dell with these keycaps. He later sold me the board without caps for $60.

Edit: the board was also from the States.
Are you sure it was the doubleshot version? Old logo isn't the only factor here. These are particularly rare, more so than the PBT dyesubs, but I don't believe the demand is quite as high as the PBT set, which should be kept in mind.

As for price, I'd say that it could be $200-250, but you could try for more of course.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Mar 2020, 23:17

ABS or PBT, still very nice ANSI alps keycap set you have.

Return to “Keyboards”