Saving our devices for posterity

PlacaFromHell

21 Mar 2020, 04:03

Hello guys. Days ago I was thinking what would happen to my keyboards the day I can't take care of them anymore. The idea of all my IBM stuff or my two Apple keyboards in pristine condition potentially being recycled was pretty upsetting. Finally I came with, I think, the best possible solution to inform people that they will probably get hold of my keyboards to save their historical value.
That said, I made this formulary-like label to print and stick under them. What do you think, huh? Obviously mine should be also in spanish, but being english the global language is fine to have it.

EDIT: maybe Wikipedia links would be more relatable, but I wanted to add DT because of having most information. Who knows how far this forum will last? :lol:

SneakyRobb
THINK

21 Mar 2020, 04:12

I like this, it reminds me of nuclear markers but the opposite. We should investigate and discuss this further

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-time ... g_messages

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

21 Mar 2020, 04:18

This is actually not a terrible idea.

PlacaFromHell

21 Mar 2020, 04:19

SneakyRobb wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 04:12
I like this, it reminds me of nuclear markers but the opposite. We should investigate and discuss this further

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-time ... g_messages
I never saw that. Quite interesting TBH, reminds me of universal message attempts for communication with aliens.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

21 Mar 2020, 06:18

This is a great idea, only if they were used a few decades ago :lol:

dcopellino

21 Mar 2020, 08:22

Hey man, talking about legacy at present is not a good idea. Kidding with your nickname, someone might think you are going to come back where you are from. Buns apart, your after death doubts are worth consideration. Why not considering a DT Foundation for that, a kind of time capsule repository managed by DT founders. @webwit. How do you feel like being an undertaker? :roll:

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Mar 2020, 10:05

For the love of god, please no, I have already too much keyboard stuff ;)

Just put in your will "don't trash the keyboards, they are worth MONEY you idiot" and all will be ok.

SneakyRobb
THINK

21 Mar 2020, 15:11

webwit wrote:

Just put in your will "don't trash the keyboards, they are worth MONEY you idiot" and all will be ok.
Put a price tag with $300 on it, easy

PlacaFromHell

22 Mar 2020, 01:02

SneakyRobb wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 15:11
webwit wrote:

Put a price tag with $300 on it, easy
The easy way :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”