TS-1605 keyboard

mrmola

23 Mar 2020, 00:46

Does anyone have any information on what type of key switches this keyboard uses? I can't seem to find anything on, I can't even find the identification of the keyboard. I believe it is what attached to the ts-1605, but even then I can't find anything helpful about it or the computer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tele-P ... 2943102782

Polecat

23 Mar 2020, 00:57

Switches are Futaba MD (Futaba MA on the TPC versions). Scan codes are XT. Runs on 12 volts. Bypass the internal regulator to use on 5 volts. No idea if it will work on a Soarers or other converter as I haven't tried it yet. More info here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17624&p=450899&hili ... eo#p450899

mrmola

23 Mar 2020, 01:01

How did you find that out? I don't understand the research process for this sort of thing

spinnylights

23 Mar 2020, 01:11

If you look up '"tele-pc" terminal', it's pretty easy to figure out that it's for a TeleVideo terminal, and you can kind of just go from there. Looks like Polecat has direct experience with these though.

Polecat

23 Mar 2020, 01:13

Back in the good ol' days there was no "research", at least not as we know it today. I had customers with Televideo computers and failing or missing keyboards, and piles of XT keyboards, so I wired up an adapter with an internal voltage regulator and plugged it in. A local Televideo dealer wanted some of the adapters, so I threw a few together and made a buck or two for my efforts. I had several of the Televideo computers over the years including a couple 1605s, and still have a TPC-II (currently not working).

Polecat

23 Mar 2020, 01:16

spinnylights wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 01:11
If you look up '"tele-pc" terminal', it's pretty easy to figure out that it's for a TeleVideo terminal, and you can kind of just go from there. Looks like Polecat has direct experience with these though.
Actually the Televideo terminal keyboards, which were much more common, are not compatible. Televideo computers were oddballs even when new.

spinnylights

23 Mar 2020, 01:36

Polecat wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 01:16
Actually the Televideo terminal keyboards, which were much more common, are not compatible. Televideo computers were oddballs even when new.
Ah, spoke too soon. :D I'll have to read up more deeply.

Return to “Keyboards”