A while back when I acquired this and realized it was dead, I decided to teach myself how to hand wire and whatnot so I cut the plate to make a 60% with a dremel and then soldered in the switches. It ain't pretty but it works. I think it's alright considering that wire was all I had on hand and it was my first time.
A few days ago (as of writing this) I decided to pull it back out and make a case for it, only this time I would have the top "half" be plastic and the bottom "half" wood. I cut up the case, sanded it, and glued it together. Worked great and after adding more epoxy to fill the cracks, you can't feel where the two pieces were joined. Once it's painted nobody will know without looking at the supports underneath.
I also still need a red/grey doubleshot control keycap from a Lite-on/Silitek board, so Tai-Hao TI series I think. The stem on my second one is broken off and although I am attempting to fix it with epoxy, I don't have high hopes for it.