Alps Lubricant FOUND!

Polecat

09 Jan 2022, 05:09

NeK wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 05:06

Very funny. Did you miss the part where we actually found out that it was not wax? Yeah, well let me update you: it was not wax.

Now ask again. It's fun.
Nope, can't, I'm self-banned.

NeK

09 Jan 2022, 05:58

It is important to get your waxing skills right. This is not an easy task. This requires excellence and talent.

You have to learn how to wax well. You must Wax well. Wax is all you must do, Daniel-san.

Wax on... Wax off...
waxon-waxoff-2.gif
waxon-waxoff-2.gif (2.86 MiB) Viewed 36489 times
  • And don't forget about the raw material. That is the most crucial part and it must be perfect. It has to be the right kind of candle.

Be sure to use the right candle! It is very important
wax-candle-dick.png
wax-candle-dick.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 36489 times
Only then you will have gained the skills and the ability to wax your... keyboard!
sucks.gif
sucks.gif (1.72 MiB) Viewed 36489 times
It feels just like the real thing!
sponge bob.gif
sponge bob.gif (560.62 KiB) Viewed 36489 times

Muirium
µ

09 Jan 2022, 10:40

NeK wrote:
Is the cock candle any good though? ;)
ALPS wrote:
スイッチの製造プロセスは、ALPSの元の技術仕様を満たすために、ペニスキャンドルを追加して行う必要があります。 重要な通知:コンプライアンスは、男性の性器の形状のワックスのみに厳密に制限されています。

kshopper2084

09 Jan 2022, 15:24

Hi guys, can someone point me to the post that summarizes that actual current findings on the original lube question? Where did that end up?

kelvinhall05

09 Jan 2022, 16:23

kshopper2084 wrote:
Hi guys, can someone point me to the post that summarizes that actual current findings on the original lube question? Where did that end up?

NeK

09 Jan 2022, 16:33

kelvinhall05 wrote:
kshopper2084 wrote:
kshopper2084, you see? This is what happens when morons, clown and jerks fill up a topic. You asked a very specific question, and a random clown popped up responding with a braindead bot-like response, that has nothing to do with your question.

Welcome to moronic hell.

NeK

09 Jan 2022, 16:38

Muirium wrote:
NeK wrote:
ALPS wrote:
スイッチの製造プロセスは、ALPSの元の技術仕様を満たすために、ペニスキャンドルを追加して行う必要があります。 重要な通知:コンプライアンスは、男性の性器の形状のワックスのみに厳密に制限されています。
According to the sacred scribings of ALPS fhat you quoted, the candle must be shaped like a human penis. The more realistic, the better. It also must be in a an erect state. A limp candle would not work.

It is imperative that this candle be tried in the field, in order to verify that it is worthy of its shape. The trials must include real human orifice penetration. Also the more tries, the better.

kelvinhall05

09 Jan 2022, 17:52

NeK wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 16:33
kelvinhall05 wrote:
kshopper2084 wrote:
kshopper2084, you see? This is what happens when morons, clown and jerks fill up a topic. You asked a very specific question, and a random clown popped up responding with a braindead bot-like response, that has nothing to do with your question.

Welcome to moronic hell.
i answered their question tho

kelvinhall05

09 Jan 2022, 18:04

btw i think it's a good time to mention that i have a focus fk-9000 that i've heavily modified. so far the list includes:
  • switch swap with matias quiet linear
  • replace red lock leds with amber ones
  • replace alpha block with video editing keycaps from an avid adk
  • design an oled focuscalc replacement
  • gasket mount with drawer liner
  • trollface sticker (important)
  • added solenoid
this is a very epic keyboard now. matias smoothness does not require any silly nek lube, so i deem this thread unnecessary and a waste of this valuable forum's resources. i suggest we change gears in this thread to exclusively discuss my focus.
CRW_4024.jpg
CRW_4024.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 36350 times

Muirium
µ

09 Jan 2022, 18:44

Bit pukey for my taste, honestly. Maaatttiaaas I mmmeaan.

NeK

09 Jan 2022, 19:21

No, the VaginaWaxKeyboardSpaceship is more important for humanity than your MatiasFocusPocusDorkus.

We have to continue the struggle. Wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on... Common ppl join in give us a waxing hand

zrrion

09 Jan 2022, 19:29

Muirium wrote:
I've been using a random skull candle and that works well. This thread seems to mostly be a pissing contest so maybe a dick candle is exactly what we need :lol:

Crizender

09 Jan 2022, 19:31

kelvinhall05 wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 18:04
i suggest we change gears in this thread to exclusively discuss my focus.
CRW_4024.jpg
agreed, that is a very pro kyb and I would like to talk further on it

Lynx_Carpathica

09 Jan 2022, 21:38

Guys, what the Fuck is going on here? LITERALLY.... Is this kindergarden, or a serious place? I know we have the right to troll, but NeK I think has lost it. He did not even answer the poor guys question, that wtf's up with the OG lube that is NOT wax?

WHY are we trolling this topic away, when it is important to get consistent, RELAIBLE results? NeK has a very good point with this, and I say let him be, in his topic doing his stuff, even tho it's not his topic, but the project is basically being pushed forward only by him.

If you guys want to wax your vaginas, please use THIS bloody topic.
viewtopic.php?t=26656

Also, where the Fck are the moderators? Jeez..

NeK

09 Jan 2022, 22:38

kshopper2084 wrote:
Seriously now, let me answer your question:

The current findings for the OG lube are that we actually have learned the exact name of the lubricant that were used for SKCM 1st gen, it's called "TB2581P" and it was made by ThreeBond. Unfortunately, the lubricant is no longer produced or available. However, we managed to get the official specs of that lube, which ThreeBond itself has directly gave them to us. ;)

So, we are at the stage where it's only a matter of finding similar lubricants, based on those specs, and trying them out. If we are lucky, we will find something that would be close enough. This is exactly what I am working on right now, finding and testing similar lubricants.

(please ignore the trolls that post stupid stuff, lets save this topic from destruction)

kshopper2084

09 Jan 2022, 23:13

NeK wrote:
kshopper2084 wrote:

The current findings for the OG lube are that we actually have learned the exact name of the lubricant that were used for SKCM 1st gen, it's called "TB2581P" and it was made by ThreeBond. Unfortunately, the lubricant is no longer produced or available. However, we managed to get the official specs of that lube, which ThreeBond itself has directly gave them to us. ;)

So, we are at the stage where it's only a matter of finding similar lubricants, based on those specs, and trying them out. If we are lucky, we will find something that would be close enough. This is exactly what I am working on right now, finding and testing similar lubricants.

(please ignore the trolls that post stupid stuff, lets save this topic from destruction)
Well that is actually pretty amazing progress! - Thanks.

zrrion

09 Jan 2022, 23:34

NeK wrote:
NeK wrote:
It is important to get your waxing skills right. This is not an easy task. This requires excellence and talent.

You have to learn how to wax well. You must Wax well. Wax is all you must do, Daniel-san.

Wax on... Wax off...
waxon-waxoff-2.gif
  • And don't forget about the raw material. That is the most crucial part and it must be perfect. It has to be the right kind of candle.

wax-candle-dick.png
Only then you will have gained the skills and the ability to wax your... keyboard!
sucks.gif
It feels just like the real thing!

sponge bob.gif

jsheradin

09 Jan 2022, 23:49

NeK wrote:
kshopper2084 wrote:

The flash point of TB2518P being so low is pretty interesting. I'd imagine that's because the spec provided is for a pre-mixed solvent blend especially since it's name says specifically "[...] petroleum solvents". I'd be more interested in the properties after it has been applied and allowed to cure. Some Cosmolene-like high film strength coating that contains lithium soaps applied via a spray would be my guess.

Although wax is a touchy topic, there are publicly published industrial application methods for it. They're primarily centered around fruit/vegetable coatings and they all take place at steam temperatures (i.e. well above 50C flash point). I messed around with solvent application methods a bit but didn't have much luck with the wax/oil contents I tried.

It would be great to know exactly what they were applying.

Lynx_Carpathica

09 Jan 2022, 23:55

jsheradin wrote:

The flash point of TB2518P being so low is pretty interesting. I'd imagine that's because the spec provided is for a pre-mixed solvent blend especially since it's name says specifically "[...] petroleum solvents". I'd be more interested in the properties after it has been applied and allowed to cure. Some Cosmolene-like high film strength coating that contains lithium soaps applied via a spray would be my guess.

Although wax is a touchy topic, there are publicly published industrial application methods for it. They're primarily centered around fruit/vegetable coatings and they all take place at steam temperatures (i.e. well above 50C flash point). I messed around with solvent application methods a bit but didn't have much luck with the wax/oil contents I tried.

It would be great to know exactly what they were applying.
You are not far from what I've been thinking. Sicne the lube layer is so thin on alps switches, I was thinking that maybe they used solvents to make it pumpable, as a way of making them sprayable, as from an injector nozzle, or similarly to a piezzo humidifier. When that evaporates, maybe it leaves behind the li-soap based hidrocarbon chain stuff that is the actual lube.

Erderm_

10 Jan 2022, 04:48

NeK wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:21
No, the VaginaWaxKeyboardSpaceship is more important for humanity than your MatiasFocusPocusDorkus.

We have to continue the struggle. Wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on... Common ppl join in give us a waxing hand
Something something vagina wax, something something cock candles, have I convinced everyone of my devotion to the community yet? :ugeek:

kelvinhall05

10 Jan 2022, 05:16

UnscrambledEggs

10 Jan 2022, 05:18

Innovative. Such powerful, artful word-less words spoken.
A note: this only works with extra virgin olive oil, none of that virgout olive oil.
Soft and smooth lip therapy for a soft and smooth person.

TypeSaucy

10 Jan 2022, 05:43

Crust
1 (9-inch) Perfect Pie Dough, recipe follows, baked and cooled

Filling
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean split in half lengthwise and seeds scraped

Perfect Pie Dough
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, chilled or frozen
4 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water

NeK

12 Jan 2022, 13:32

I had an order for a sample kit of 17 different special lubes and they are finally here. :mrgreen:
I selected them based on the OG ingredients and specs. Now, I will test each one of them against the OG lube, to find a worthy replacement.
20220112_142203.jpg
20220112_142203.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 35874 times
Wish me luck! : :D

Muirium
µ

12 Jan 2022, 13:53

+1 luck ;)

Lalaland124

12 Jan 2022, 15:35

Looking forward to this ;)

kshopper2084

12 Jan 2022, 19:47

Sounds like a fun and interesting project!

Lynx_Carpathica

12 Jan 2022, 22:47

NeK wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 13:32
I had an order for a sample kit of 17 different special lubes and they are finally here. :mrgreen:
I selected them based on the OG ingredients and specs. Now, I will test each one of them against the OG lube, to find a worthy replacement.

20220112_142203.jpg

Wish me luck! : :D
Don't forget to mix them in differnet ratios, and experiement.
I wish you a lot of luck. <3

NeK

13 Jan 2022, 04:47

jsheradin wrote:

Yeah the flash point being that low is shocking. We have peaks of up to 43C (under a shade!) days here in Greece. This means that if you put the keyboard in the sunlight on those days, it will surpass 50c. Wouldn't that be dangerous and a fire risk? It must be a mistake.

Lynx_Carpathica

13 Jan 2022, 08:35

NeK wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 04:47
jsheradin wrote:

Yeah the flash point being that low is shocking. We have peaks of up to 43C (under a shade!) days here in Greece. This means that if you put the keyboard in the sunlight on those days, it will surpass 50c. Wouldn't that be dangerous and a fire risk? It must be a mistake.
Flashpoint I imagine needs certain conditions, like concentration of the gases (solvent vapor, and O2). Definietly not stochiometric, but I imagine close to that. Chyros could say more about this, definietly.

Return to “Keyboards”