Rebadged WYSE keyboard with Cherry Switches

EpikalPuppy

08 May 2020, 19:45

Hello! I'm new here, and I wanted my first post to be about one of the very few keyboards I currently have, a WYSE terminal keyboard that appears to have been rebadged for a local medical company, CPSI. The keyboard has double-shot keys with blue characters, uses Cherry MX Black switches, and it is one of my favorites, though I just can't use it practically due to its strange DIN connector. I picked it up locally, and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd share it!
Attachments
IMG_9303.jpg
IMG_9303.jpg (4.02 MiB) Viewed 472 times

Findecanor

08 May 2020, 21:25

Welcome! That looks like a Wyse 50.
People have managed to make the Wyse 50 work with a modern computer. You can read about using Soarer's controller and see how Chyros connected his.

EpikalPuppy

08 May 2020, 23:18

Findecanor wrote:
08 May 2020, 21:25
Welcome! That looks like a Wyse 50.
People have managed to make the Wyse 50 work with a modern computer. You can read about using Soarer's controller and see how Chyros connected his.
Ok! I'll take a look!

Tritian

11 May 2020, 08:29

Beautiful keyboard, and it looks like a pretty fun and usable layout - you should try to convert it.

The font and legends above the F keys are amazing, i'm a huge fan.

User avatar
elecplus

11 May 2020, 16:25

Wyse 50s are beautiful keyboards! I recently came across this keyboard in a pile I picked up to desolder. I have never seen caps like these on a Wyse before. Connector is a standard terminal jack.
IMG_7654.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG (909.68 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Fkazim

11 May 2020, 17:26

This is my rebadged Wyse WY50 keyboard. I put some Tai Hao blue and black doublshot keycaps
Attachments
1589210780185619313746762201565.jpg
1589210780185619313746762201565.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 266 times
15892107289012715296997770288968.jpg
15892107289012715296997770288968.jpg (3.36 MiB) Viewed 266 times

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

12 May 2020, 00:31

elecplus wrote:
11 May 2020, 16:25
Wyse 50s are beautiful keyboards! I recently came across this keyboard in a pile I picked up to desolder. I have never seen caps like these on a Wyse before. Connector is a standard terminal jack.

IMG_7654.JPG
Would you sell the chassis?

Tritian

12 May 2020, 03:22

I love all these WYSE-50's pics. i really like the layout of these boards, basically a 65% with a numpad.. kinda AT layout evolved, heh. Also it seems like these WYSE-50's were bought and reskinned by some interesting companies in interesting ways. The body looks tough and well constructed. The legend/badge area at the top gives a lot of possibilities and MX keycaps is great for customization aswell. Great looking industrial cord... too bad about the connector though. :(

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 May 2020, 11:47

elecplus wrote:
11 May 2020, 16:25
Wyse 50s are beautiful keyboards! I recently came across this keyboard in a pile I picked up to desolder. I have never seen caps like these on a Wyse before. Connector is a standard terminal jack.

IMG_7654.JPG
abrahamstechnology wrote:
12 May 2020, 00:31
Would you sell the chassis?
And would you sell the (remaining) keycaps?

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

13 May 2020, 00:47

kbdfr wrote:
12 May 2020, 11:47
elecplus wrote:
11 May 2020, 16:25
Wyse 50s are beautiful keyboards! I recently came across this keyboard in a pile I picked up to desolder. I have never seen caps like these on a Wyse before. Connector is a standard terminal jack.

IMG_7654.JPG
abrahamstechnology wrote:
12 May 2020, 00:31
Would you sell the chassis?
And would you sell the (remaining) keycaps?
Sure.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”